Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like some bros and sisters from my division got activated in Baltimore. :)

Roll On!

I do have a serious thought. R15, please don't be offended by my thoughts here...because I do see how they could be taken personally, and they aren't meant that way. :dozey: I'm talking about the whole big picture.

I think the militarization of our police force, aided in some part by a flood of qualified veteran applicants who have fought wars abroad, is a potential disaster for the country.

Unusually, what I have to say has already been said better. I will therefore quote Commander Adama, from the 'Battlestar Galactica' teevee series:

'There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.'

:max: Yes, I do watch other stuff besides Battlestar. This usually includes both Star Wars and Star Trek.

yeah i agree 100% with you zoom. it's nonsense that they are using the military as a 'show of force' if anything they should just stop airing this **** on the news 24/7. nobody really gives a **** about the poor innocent bastard that got killed...it would be a shame if the police or military had to use actual ****ing force against the rioters...all that really needs to happen is someone get their hands on an AR15, 5.56mms and start picking people off to make it seem like the military started it and civil war II would be kicked off.

The past two days was 48 hours with no sleep except for a 2 hour nap. Can't believe I survived that. The end of it all was a corporate event at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. We had a truly kick-ass cover band there. Great singing, great playing, great sound (surprising, given the location of the event). They played so many great 80s tunes - I think that's what gave me the energy to finish that 48-hour sleepless extravaganza.

Congrats R15. um.. what was the job?

DAMN YOU STEAM. I am trying to save my money for car, motorcycle repairs, and Star wars armada.... now you tempt me with all this old star wars stuff that i used to own and feel nostalgic for. Im trying to be responsible!

Security Monitor at a halfway house ran by community education center. it's 3rd shift, with weekends off which works out perfect for me to go to school next fall. It also helps that it's within walking distance (same distance as the school i'm going to right now, only 2 miles) so I can save up enough money for a newer used car by the time school starts. At least working here I'll be getting experience working with the kinds of people I'd be working with if I become a p.o.. Hopefully it's a job I'll enjoy going to and can make some more friends and professional contacts.

Going to be picking up that star wars deal off steam on sunday. :) never did get to play through JK II or Republic Commando! really good deal all those games for $23..

Keep straining my neck while i sleep...considering replacing the futon with an actual bed. :\

in other news...talking to another girl i found on this one dating site...we'll see if she ghosts on me. they always do. :(

The Lightsaber is here!!!!!

:D

I ordered it from https://www.etsy.com/shop/Saberforge on April 6th, and got it today. Not the most complex design, as if I can find anyone to actually spar with I want to be able to use it and not have random **** in my way as I wield this thing.

And the blade they provide is ****ing STURDY AS ****. I'm pretty sure I can bash it pretty hard against stuff and it will hold up pretty well. They say you can full force duel with it.

Overall.... money well spent. :D

Dammit, Crackers...now I have to buy a fake lightsaber.

:D

Went up to a new spot 20 minutes drive from my house to exercise my second amendment rights.

image.jpg1_zpsn256wzpf.jpg

image.jpg4_zpshxcit7h1.jpg

Don't have to buy a fake gun, anyway. The real ones are still available...

gee. A Lightsaber, or a miniature fleet of star wars ships that I can do battle with? Or the ability to play a game in a star wars universe via steam? ahhhh

Saw the Avengers new movie today. I think it was even better then the last one. A lot of great lines, and some great character dynamics.

Tho some of the parts were nothing more then computer generated. Used to be something like that would be called "Wire-Fu" and i think there should be something similar to call an action scene that is nothing but computer generated

Cool new toy, Crak!

My life is pretty boring and kinda rut-like at the moment. Nothing bad... but also very little exciting about it either. Having a steady lady friend is about the only thing I currently have that is any fun. And we only get to see each other every other weekend on average.

Classes end this week, and graduation is next week, so hopefully that will give me more free time to kick my life back up a notch or two. Getting out and getting a little fresh air and exercise and try to get back into shape after this brutal season and feel better is the first thing on the agenda. Then maybe I'll tackle doing something with all these guitars. Not being able to move around in my own house certainly helps contribute to my general claustrophobia and angst...

Tired of tripping over money? :dozey:

Craigslist them bad boys! :D

...Might be the sound financial choice, since real guitars will probably be replaced by a smart phone app in the future, and your collection would depreciate like cat litter in the desert...

Archived