Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

Good thing too. She's been drilling bow hold and technique and we've started working on my left hand positioning, which is all sorts of jacked up from playing the guitar.

It's slow, hard, and difficult; but it's really fun to learn something new.

Also; I don't sound like a dying cat. She was impressed by this. :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!

Yeah, you really want to get the bow grip and left hand position correct right from the beginning. It's frustrating and uncomfortable at first, but it's by the far the best thing you can do for your playing. I have had students who simply would not work on this, and they were never able to get very far because of it.

I really dont care about professional boxing anymore. The system is so corrupt and fixed, that it is rather pointless to watch anymore.

If i want to see people fighting I love watching Shotokan kickboxing. it is kickboxing but you get points for a take down. Muay Thai kickboxing is also impressive.

But then again, i spent almost 10 years in martial arts and got a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Yeah, I went up to black belt in TKD. It was fun participating in tournaments, but it's not that much fun to watch them. I still like watching professional boxing. There is corruption, but I don't think it affects the outcomes of too many fights I actually see. Certainly not tonight. Sigh...

That was indeed odd. :dozey:

Congratulations, R15...and what exactly is your affiliation with online gaming?

Thank you!

I play Star Wars The Old Republic and Star Wars Galaxies Emulator.

Both on the Empire side. :)

may the 4th be with you all

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

so i'm at this irish pub, minding my own business and this girl i went to school with messages me on facebook...she seems very interested in me...

i guess being irish in an irish pub brought me some luck? time shall tell..

Rode my 40 year old Motorcycle to work today.

of course on the way back I get behind one of the worse people to get behind while riding a bike. A blond woman in a mini van, smoking a cigarette, always breaking hard and suddenly, and even driving so her wheels were touching the center-line so i couldn't see beyond her car.

well the hanging out with the girl thing kinda took a nose dive. went bowling and played some pool then went to a bar and she slept over and we chilled most of today, then she went back to hang out with her ex. whatever. i aint even surprised, hardly even mad bro. she reminded me too much of my ex anyways, very manic. guess i could hang out with her as friends still... lol she's the youngest girl i've been with, 22 years old. :) why can't i attract anything decent? cant wait to get a car.

got a hangout/date with another girl later on this week. gotta keep at this.

Projected year-end post count after April: 1,773

Shorter month, and the projected total only drops by three month to month, indicating to me the posting pace has been pretty steady.

Halfway home with state tournament, with the scholarship fund receiving $300+ this weekend from my efforts. Probably going to be a lot of walk-ins on the last weekend, I'm told, so it ain't over yet (to borrow a line from Leia).

The old CompuServe Rebel Alliance has a group on Facebook, and we found a couple of old members yesterday, with a possible lead on a third. Although I wasn't officially a member of one of the main-line squadrons until much later, I do know a lot of the "old-timers" from my days in one of the independent squadrons, and I've been able to assist the admin in finding them. :)

Yesturday the Managers directly above my supervisor came to me during work and handed me a thank you note. They wanted to thank me for cross training into different jobs and being a real assent on Sundays. They wanted to look me into the eye, shake my hand and thank me.

THEN....

On sundays I normally work from 12pm to 6pm. But with things being busy, and still understaffed (people are leaving) they are making everyone work 10.5 hour days every day, and even on their short day.

SO...

Now i get to work 7am to 6pm on sunday due to mandatory overtime. Happy $%^#ing! mothers day.

now granted, my mother has passed, so has my wife's, she isn't a mother, unless you count a teddy bear and our cat

And today I almost got fired.

Someone, who has a higher rank than I, made a very rude, infuriating comment with a sign that was less than flattering.

In front of the entire room. A room of roughly 100+ employees.

Given my current situation and level of general misery... I damn near broke a chair over his goddamned head.

I had the presence of mind to just tell him to shove it, slam the chair (which I did break) into my cube and walk out of the room.

Thankfully, my direct manager saw the entire thing and didn't reprimand me at all when I came back. Just continued on as normal.

Also came back to a new chair.

I really just want this entire ****ing **** to be over. The constant frustration and anger I have at home isn't healthy, and I'm tired of being angry all the time.

In other news, I am currently accepting donations for the "Keep Cracken from committing a double homicide" Fund. Goal is about 600-700 dollars, which is how much I have left on the lease for this current apartment.

An entire weekend off for me... will wonders never cease? :dozey:

I've spent the last couple of days trying very hard to get any chores and tasks out of the way (around my work schedule) so I can spend both days just relaxing.

That's the hope, anyway...

Archived