Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw that news on a friend's newsfeed, my first and only thought was: "Well... there's no way that in a post-apocalyptic wasteland version of Beantown that the subways could actually run any worse or be any scarier than they are already in real life." :dozey:

100 degrees outside, and I'm inside sandwiched between a flat grill and a broiler.

...And the Oregon Health department won't let you drink on the cook's line. :dozey: They're afraid bacteria are going to crawl down the straw and get on your hands or some stoopid damn thing like that.

Really. I mean...what about my health? It definitely won't be sanitary if I pass out into the soup.

Asshats.

100 degrees outside, and I'm inside sandwiched between a flat grill and a broiler.

...And the Oregon Health department won't let you drink on the cook's line. :dozey: They're afraid bacteria are going to crawl down the straw and get on your hands or some stoopid damn thing like that.

Really. I mean...what about my health? It definitely won't be sanitary if I pass out into the soup.

Asshats.

But if you drink whisky, the alcohol will kill the bacteria, so they should be fine with that. Make it so :drink3:

:assult:

Wally the Space Dolphin says that the Oregon state health statutes which require the banning of any kind of drinking container on the cook's line of a restaurant or food preparation area in an industrial food processing facility has less to do with their passing interest in the cook's ability to taste the food he is cooking by decreasing the aqueous percentage of his physical body and making his palate more sensitive to the saline and astringent qualities of food than in subjecting a generation of cooks to heat and dehydration stress so their DNA will change in such a way that in the future an army of super desert-resistant space warriors will be available for use in missions of conquest on distant planets with harsh climates like Arrakis or Tatooine when wandering mankind finally reaches them.

:max: F*ck you, Wally! I'm thirsty up in here...

A heat engine is very inefficient, and still needs someplace cold to increase the efficiency. (as per Carnot's thorem). A sterling engine would work, but the size of the heat exchangers needed makes it prohibitive and most of them are "Fueled" by heat far in excess what the human body can handle

you are better off still using an external battery or induction to recharge

Finally started to play the modern fallout games.

I guess I missed something... because they're pretty awesome.

Fallout 3 is my favorite out of the whole series. I tend to play a sharpshooter, and do a lot of sniping.

It was early in the morning when he rode into the town

He came riding from the south side slowly lookin' all around

He's an outlaw loose and running came the whisper from each lip

And he's here to do some business with the big iron on his hip

Big iron on his hip

And be sure to listen to the dialogue of Liberty prime. it is hilarious.

"Communism is a temporary setback on the road to freedom!"

Also I really liked the "Operation: Anchorage" add-on. One of the best add ons in the game for my favorite game

A heat engine is very inefficient, and still needs someplace cold to increase the efficiency. (as per Carnot's thorem). A sterling engine would work, but the size of the heat exchangers needed makes it prohibitive and most of them are "Fueled" by heat far in excess what the human body can handle

you are better off still using an external battery or induction to recharge

And even if it worked, I'd probably just forget it was in my pocket and freeze a ball off anyway...

Hmm... I thought I saw him on Facebook more recently... but I'll check his page and see if there's any news or activity there.

Hmmm... June 4th was the most recent post there.

Hopefully he's just taking an "Off-the-grid" break while he sorts things out...

RIP, Christopher Lee.

Count Dooku made no sense and probably didn't even need to be in the Star Wars prequels, but, like so many other times in his career, Christopher Lee brought a classiness and dignity to the role that elevated it above what it actually was. It was always a pleasure to see him in any role.

Ian McKellem did a nice tribute. Even he was in awe of Christophere Lee's ability and breadth of work.

Saw the Band Cloud Cult perform last night... outdoors, perfect night, for free, and even had 4 fly-overs by C-130s during the performance. A couple of the fly overs couldn't have been more then 2000 feet above us. This band was amazing. I could see my self easily pay $50 to see them perform again, the had two sets, one acoustical, the second electronic

The players in their band:

Lead singer/Guitar player/Writer.

A Cello/Percussion,

Violin,

Keyboard (also french horn),

Keyboard (Also Xylophone, Banjo, Guitar, and TUBA)

Drummer

And Two Artists making paintings they auction off after the show.

First weekend completely to myself and without having to be at the bowling alley in a while. My state tournament obligation actually ended today, as well, with my blog post about the official results. As I expected, Westgate bowlers won everything except scratch doubles and scratch all-events. One of my friends said he'll be getting a check for $900 next week...he was a member of the winning handicap team and bowled well in his minor events, as well.

So... I'm really kinda over the whole idea of having a printer at home. :dozey:

I use it so infrequently that the ink cartridges are useless when the time DOES come to print a document of some sort... and then I spend hours running cleaning routines, that use up what little ink hasn't dried up, and a pile of paper.

And the result still looks crappy.

I really should have remembered to print this form out at work... but I didn't, and I need it for the morning.

I have some folks from the Blue Hill Boys and Girls Club coming to take some of these guitars off my hands. The cheaper junkier ones, of course... the multi-thousand dollar ones I'm holding onto as a fall back in case dad's money gets dear.

The club had a show at our place last week... and for a group of kids who really have almost nothing, they were really talented and super-enthusiastic about performing. We've given them some old gear from work too. I'll never play all of these... I've barely touched any of them in the year they've been here. Getting them into the hands of kids who will play the crap out of them will feel good!

Plus: I can claim a charitable donation on next years taxes, AND gain some precious cellar floor space back.

Win/Win. :joy:

Archived