Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

Had some downtime there. But we continue to rock on :cool:

Viagara?

New fountain for the living room. :D

image.jpg1_zpsq5ofsnar.jpg

My neighbor does concrete work, and on the side she makes bird baths and fountains. Her stuff is really pretty good. Affordable, too, compared to what a furnishings store would charge.

Clearing out the stuff at Mom's old place, I came across the bronze fountain head with the four leaves. I gave it to my neighbor and asked if she could work it into a new fountain as a surprise for Mom. The finished item didn't make it by Mother's Day, but it was worth the wait.

I added the rocks. My living room now is a zen relaxation zone with its own trickling waterfall. It also keeps it humid inside, which is nice on hot days.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at the point my computer is failing at playing "new" games. Even Kerbal space program is down to 3-4 FPS :( the new version halved the frame rate to the point it is unplayable for me.

so in order to play some of the new games i need a new console, or PC JUST to play the games.

Like Rockband 4

Going down to Madison Friday to play in my first Star Wars Armada Tourny. Really sucks that the Meta for this game has boiled down to a 2 or 3 Victory Class star Destroyer fleet as the one that wins most... also is easier to play... also is more forgiving of mistakes. Also the previaling strategy is to start in the corner, and wait for your opponent to come to you.

Might give up on some games and just have a Draw so I don't get screwed

I gave away 11 guitars, 2 amps, a DVD duplication tower, and a couple of boxes full of strings and parts today.

It feels weird... But I've decided I really don't want to be featured on some episode of "Hoarders."

you ****ers try chillin (correction: sweating your nuts off) in a bradley-that doesn't have Air Conditioning...in 97 degree weather with 80% humidity (the inside temp probably closer to 110) for a couple hours then you can complain. haha a couple hours a day for 12 days straight. **** ain't like battlefield or call of duty at all!!! sauna!!!! :joy:

2 weeks a month went by slow and steady, but i made it out alive and qualified. 25mm on the way, son. rumors of a future deployment are lingering...now just gotta make that choice when the time comes to reenlist and get deployed or call it quits and try and live a normal life. doubt that will happen...i'm planning on becoming a Parole Agent once my college is done, but when that's done my enlistment is up and i can choose to reenlist and get a decent bonus and probably get deployed so that career choice may get put on hold...but that gives me money to save and throw down on a house when i get back...but..always in motion the future is.

looking forward to The Old Republic's newest expansion in October. :)

gonna go see Jurassic World tomorrow.

btw i did get really ****ed up friday before i left. been on my medicine since then, and it's finally leveled off in my system and im feeling better...i guess.

welcome back r15

Went down to Madison to honor my father for Fathers day. since my brother (half brother, same mom, differant dads) doesn't think my dad is his real dad, even tho he raised him doesn't acknowledge him. My brother had two dads, when some people don't ever know who their dads were. and my Dad cannot compete with the Fantasy my brother has of his biological dad when he never knew except what he see's in the mirror.

Also played some more SW armada.. this is a real intense but fun game

20150619_191153.jpg

thanks...it was brutal!

I went and saw Jurassic World in IMAX 3D. it was pretty good, felt like it needed to be longer though..nice seeing new dinosaurs.

I picked up Elder Scrolls Online for xbox one, and had to uninstall call of duty ghosts and watch dogs dlc to make room for a big update. lol oh well, worth it i think. hope.

hoping i can remain depression free for a while...focusing on getting $$$ to put a decent down payment on a newer car that isn't going to break down on me..

elder scrolls online is pretty neat...

gotta go back to work this afternoon...and sometime this week i need to set up my classes for the fall. deciding if i should go to the gym today before i go in to work..i have an upcoming pt test that if i pass it, i'll be able to get alot of money back from school..seriously, around 10,000..

Father's Day at a popular 50's style diner. Record setter. New cook showed up two hours late. We ran out of bacon, twice. I spilled about two quarts of nasty grease from the grill trap onto the floor where I was working, on top of a rubber mat that started sliding around, which I fixed by putting bar towels on the floor underneath but it didn't help much. I have eggs in my hair and my clothes smell like french fries.

:dozey: The unreasonable number of screaming babies sitting in the middle of the dining room (Why do they seat them there? We have an outside patio for a reason!) made me buy a box of condoms on the way home, just because I really REALLY don't want that to happen to me...

So, die Father's Day! :max: Bang! There, I just killed Father's Day. Mourn it all you want, but it's over.

enjoyed a 2 mile run this morning followed by some elder scrolls online then chinese buffet before going to work...after work hit the gym hard for an hour. played more eso.

work was interesting...at least the time goes by pretty fast and it's not much of a hassle being there. think i'll get up for another morning run tomorrow followed by walking my dog and then maybe some gym before work. goal is to lose my "beer/bread gut" by the time i get back to college. then maybe girls will like me more. i dont know what else i do that makes them avoid me like i have leprosy, must be the beer gut and very subtle double chin.

I had a dream last night that a bunch of us were together in person. I am starting to forget all the details now... but there was food, booze, guitars, drugs, bad women, classic muscle cars, a train, guns, helicopters, a bus, and a rambling thousand-page Zen manifesto.

Archived