Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

I made tomato bisque with bacon soup, and old-fashioned chicken noodle for tomorrow. Got lots of prime rib left over from the weekend, so the lunch special will be one of the following three sandwiches...

Texas rancher's prime rib sandwich. Broiled prime rib topped with BBQ sauce, three onion rings and cheddar cheese on a grilled hoagie.

The gold rush prime rib sandwich. Broiled prime rib, sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese with Dijon mustard on grilled sourdough bread.

The longshoreman's prime rib sandwich. Broiled prime rib topped with sautéed onions and bell peppers with horseradish sauce and stone ground mustard on a grilled hoagie.

:max: That last one is a heart burn special. What should I run for lunch tomorrow...?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could list the number of times the supreme made a ruling on Judicial activism, and could by association interpret that Keyan was against that. It would probably get me banned. You cannot be against it, unless you are against ALL the times Judicial Activism was used, no cherry picking. Honestly i don't see how the Judicial system could even function unless it did resort to judicial activism

beyond that...

Finally decided I want to leave my job. They just increased my hours on Sunday, and we have had mandatory 6 hours of over time every week for the last 4 weeks. Plus a bonus 12 hours overtime over the last 2 weeks. The whole business is beyond capacity efficiency is way down, and nothing is behind done about it. We have had 8 people quit or get fired in the last month.

Pearl street brewery is expanding, and i might be looking for a job there. Also Fantasy flight games is looking for a Volunteer coordinator. It is about the only job i can see that I might get there that doesn't require a 2 year degree. Have to move to Minneapolis MN, and my wife and I have already discussed having me live in an apartment during the week, and shared custody of the cat.

For my two cents, I'm against the ruling. But due to religious reasons, and my own homophobia.

But I do agree, that the courts should rule for or against actions devoid of religion. Now, if the courts try to force the church to carry out these marriages, then I think it might be time for a new government.

moving past that, I joined match.com to help me find someone. 3 months went by and nothing came from it so I paid the small fee for them to re-write my profile. had to edit it to reflect who I was as a person, now to see if that new profile works better then what I had.

Edit:

It was a pretty good birthday this year! :)

For what its worth, happy birthday.

good luck, k_k, hope you find a job you enjoy.

i'm hitting the trail..don't have to work a double tonight, i got my schedule confused...working til 11 then tomorrow night and wednesday night i'm 3rd shift. all so i can get the weekend off.

confirmed that the mosque that was attacked in Kuwait was the same exact one we got to visit...one of the largest mosques in the middle east. thing is im not even shocked about it. i dont even care.

The Elder Scrolls Online is pretty fun...

Started watching Orange is the New Black, it's pretty funny. nice to be able to watch some netflix show that holds my attention. ;)

pretty sure i hurt that one girl i had a crush on feelings by not inviting her to hang out with me and my vet buddies (one of who is home for a week or so before he goes back overseas) on 4th of july at dorney park. oh well, i told her the reason why i am not hanging out as much anymore a few weeks ago, if she doesn't understand it's for my mental health and nothing personal, she's naive.

got the chick with the kid hitting me up with pictures on snapchat...not sure what she's trying to do there.

glad i'm working full time...my goal right now is to just get a newer car, build up credit, get that experience, get back in school and graduate...2 more years..hoping i have my life together by the time i'm 35, with or without a girl at my side. think i'd be happier with a full bank account and a legal running vehicle, and a job that i look forward to going to, i think that goal is easier to hit than finding a decent girlfriend, or even dating one at all. lol at least i got that going for me.

Nature is trying to destroy my ability to breathe.

Working on not dying.

Oh, no! Crackers has gone back in time and revisited a past life as a lungfish, where he is experiencing the horrors wrought by evolution on his spiny fish body as it transitions to breathing oxygen for prolonged periods of time!

Just take it easy, buddy. :max: Hyperventilating can't be a good idea for lungs as primitive as yours...

Well, today was the first day of legalized weed out here in Oregon.

When I got up this morning, the power was out and the city water was discolored. I went outside to see what was up and immediately had to dodge bullets fired between rival street gangs. There were explosions and car alarms going off in the distance, and the air was heavy with skunky smelling reefer smoke and gunpowder. Sirens wailing and chirping in the distance cut the haze. Someone running down the street was screaming that the national guard had released elephants on the populace, so I decided to go back inside.

:max: They told us this would happen.

haha sounds great...sure those bullets weren't fireworks?

3rd shift was boring last night. tonight's the last night i'll be on that shift for a while. screws my whole gym routine.

not that i'm skipping the gym...

got 100 situps done on my decline bench...aiming for 70+ regular situps on my next APFT. not sure how i'm gonna pass my run.

President Obama is coming to my little ho-dink town tomorrow. Going to be making a speech about the economy at the University. Problem is, Air Force One will be landing at the airport right next to my workplace. We were given the wheels down, and Wheels up time as an FYI. Wheels up is before I leave from work... so i will miss all the hoopla.

Homeland security has made it a point, that an unfamiliar vehicles parked at my workplace will be searched

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State. - Chief Justice Earl Warren

There's a key word there, "survival." Survival means procreation. Procreation means a man and a woman. It used to be that the vast majority of children were born to a two parent household, a man and woman married to each other. With the sexual revolution and increase of promiscuity, contraception use and absentee fathers, that's no longer the norm. Doesn't mean it is right.

There is no survival aspect to a same sex union.

My wife and I cannot have children together, by your definition we should have never been allowed to marry. because we cannot procreate

Nope, doesn't work like that. There's a difference between having the proper parts that just don't work properly for whatever reason and not having the right parts.

Lynk, to what are you referring?

Nope, doesn't work like that. There's a difference between having the proper parts that just don't work properly for whatever reason and not having the right parts.

So now Dildo's, stap ons, and masturbation sleeves are okay

your splitting hairs and being rather hypocritical

Archived