Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

This morning, the 100 degree weather we'd been having was dropped down into the 70's. Loving that part...
We could use a bit of that right now. Wondering if I'm going to drag out the A/C units tonight after work just in order to get a little sleep tonight.

High school songwriters doing open mic nights at work all this week. Yeah... it's exactly every bit as angsty as it sounds.

Fortunately: We are in the process of getting a new guy comfortable in the hall and on the gear, and he's been shadowing me all week.

So... a perfect opportunity to get him acquainted on a couple of simple nights... that I don't have to sit there and listen to all the teenage emo drama set to three-chord changes. :dozey:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Friday we found out our Central Air-conditioning was leaking freon. For a few 80 degree days we had nothing but fans. Thankfully we have a front system move through and dump a lot of rain, and humidity, and cool air. Getting a new heater and Air conditioners next week. they are going to clean out the duct works and we are going to have to lock the cat into one of the storage rooms downstairs, so he doesn't (and he would) go into the ductwork

Make sure you check the underside. Get under it and inspect it for rust damage if it's been north of the Mason-Dixon Line for any length of time.

Any potential breaks in the pipage down there, get him to replace it BEFORE you buy it, and negotiate it off the selling price.

Also,..... oh ****, just take it somewhere and pay to get it inspected. Just to be sure. :D Not to say your buddy is gonna screw you.... but people no longer surprise me on the level of asshattery they will do.

Everything but the kitchen, bathroom, and PC is packed and ready to go.

By tomorrow night, I will be a free man.

planning on keeping it for the non-snowy months, as it is pretty low to the ground, and in the meantime i could save up for another subaru-ie something to carry kayak/bike in.

I have never owned a sports car before, so im pretty ****ing excited about this. also, my bud had it inspected last month and a bunch of new stuff put onto it, was selling it on facebook for 4000 but there weren't any takers so he offered it to me for 2500 after i asked him about it half-jokingly, but since he's willing to take payments from me, that's a win in my book...gives me time to save up for a good down payment on something at a stealership so i can improve my credit.

glad to hear you're about out of that hell-hole, cracken. i wouldn't have been able to tolerate the bull**** without going on the offensive. :)

Literally ****ing done with this bitch.

Power at the old place will get switched off tomorrow. I no longer care about jack **** anything in regards to her. ****ing. Done.

Last night here, what does she do? Have some douchebag over and keeps me up until 4 a.m. Like.... seriously. **** you.

Getting new tires for my highway raider today. Here is an old one, manufactured during the last century sometime according to the coding on the side of the tire...

image.jpg1_zps6wc6zvvw.jpg

They're putting new Eclipse all season tires on right now. I'm posting using the tire service company's guest wi-fi while I wait.

*(Sips coffee.)*

:max: Changing tires is such hard work.

A party where you only invited gays and lesbians to have an orgy

:dozey: That would be a divided room...

If you included bi-sexuals, that might stir things up a bit.

R15, congratulations. :D May your new car prove fast, fearless and faithful. Git on that freeway and open up the throttle first thing, you hear?

Back online!

Move went surprisingly easy..... all to easy.

Got everything in one go. **** ever going back there.

Preparing to pay the last July electric bill, because she's a bitch and they won't let me kill it while another person is living there.

So, to protect myself, I'm going to draft an handwritten document and have the old rental office sign and copy it stating I am no longer living at the apartment. Just in case I have to go to civil court to make her life goddamned miserable. Yes, I am that petty.

But freedom! Oh man, Pants Optional Zone engage!

Can't wait to actually sleep tonight.... after I unpack more stuff.

just drove the car to my old place of employment (walmart) and back. opened it up...it's ****ing fun to drive. lol now not sure if i should drive it to work because during my shift, at least the first 3 hours...requires...the meter being payed, and if i miss paying that's a $20 parking ticket. not sure if i want to **** around with that or pay per month to utilize the parking garage. happy now that i can venture beyond my 3 mile radius without relying on my friends.

@cracken: yeah screw that stupid ****. happy you are out of that situation bro. what a stupid whore.

yeah, i'm in that situation where i'm not sure if i want to drive to work because i'll have to park at a meter or in the parking garage. the meter would cost me about $15 a week, and the risk of parking tickets if i get caught up with work...and the parking garage $80 a month, easier parking, i'll probably go with that.

Archived