Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did that the first time I ate sushi. I had some of the ginger, and thought: "Wow, this is spicy! This green stuff must be like Guacamole... I know... I'll put this whole blob of it in my mouth to cool the burning..."

After several minutes of screaming and sweating, people around me figured out what happened and had a good chuckle. I did swallow it... though I think I gave someone the rest of my food after that.

Whelp, my date was....interesting. It felt a little underwhelming, but not bad by any means. We wound up going to dinner at a restaurant she likes.

I'm going to find something else to do next week with her, see if maybe it was just that she had a bad day or if we simply aren't compatible. Theater 3 had comedy nights every Friday, that might be something to go to.

hoping this picnic date doesn't go bad...just slaved over the kitchen table making bagged meals for us..2 pbjs, an apple, and some baby carrots in each bag. got my external speaker for some music, maybe we'll just sit out after we're finished eating and watch the sunset together. i mean how more romantic can i get? its basically a free date too, no $$$ involved unless i decide to bottle up some vodka i'd just need to pick up root beer for it. i will need to pick up drinks for us anyway...i don't think she's a drinker lol i could probably change that later down the road. :)

picnic date went alright...idk kind of awkward though this girl and i don't seem to have much in common...set another date up for Friday though. not sure if i should just stop pursuing after or what. she's hard to talk to, she says she has depression and is getting counseling for it...guess that's the red ****in flag, but she's also hard to talk to...another red flag, but i'm not sure if it's the depression doing that or she's just extremely introverted? maybe i'm just putting up walls of my own. i don't know. :(

decided to just take it slow...slow is smooth smooth is fast...first man is always right. clear the damn room.

Offer the dame a choice of three dates, and see which one she goes for.

1. Go out to dinner at the Ritz, then to a play at the local theater. Rent a limo.

2. Go to dinner at the local 50's diner, then to the race track for an evening of NASCAR. (Other stadium dates can be chosen.) Go in your dad's restored 1968 Dodge Charger.

3. Pack a blanket and a bottle of wine to the local park to see the sunset. Bring your car with only enough gas to get there.

:max: Here's the trick. If she picks #1, don't even pick her up. Just forget it and don't look back. If she likes #2, she might be worth dating, but you will probably catch her in bed with your best friend. If she picks #3...well, that's a keeper.

lol i did #3 this evening zoom. it went very well i thought, but she didn't seem all there...crying about being depressed but idk i think she likes me, i'm pretty sure she does. didn't bring alcohol though...didn't want to seem like bill cosby.

also, she loves NASCAR. so that's kind of neat i guess i could take her to a race sometime. poconos raceway is not even an hour drive from here.

but women aside, i'm going to spend the next 2 years busting my ass at work and school and at the gym...there's a rumored deployment coming up and I'm looking forward to it, if it actually happens, so even if this relationship doesn't work out i got that going for me...always in motion, the future is.

anybody up for some SWTOR??? the expansion coming out in october sounds ****ing awesome. I'm on The Harbinger server. between work, dating, school, and gym i'll be on that. :) whoop whoop.

preworkout just kicked in...time to go HAM at Planet Fitness.

goes to gym, kills it. gets a citation on the way home. i can't win, can i? CAN I???

then i get notified that my insurance card isn't in the car so yeah i gotta ****ing find that now. the hits just keep on coming. oh well at least i cleared all the weights at the gym.

yeah apparently it's a $400 fine in the common**** of pennsylvania for not having an insurance card. my policy was in there...so at least he let that slide. no ****ing clue where the card went, guess i'll have to print it out at work and put it in my car. :rolleyes:

alright let's try going to the gym tonight without running any ****ing stop signs on the way there n back.

Windows 10 is installed. Looks a bit funky but I've used 7 for so long that anything looks a bit funky.

Cortana is the mentally handicapped version of Googles voice assistant.

No major crashes or bug encountered. More testing as a gaming platform will be conducted later this week.

I just created an installer iso from their tool. I was considering simply installing 10 and then learning to deal with it.

This is on my desktop at work mind you. I know my clients will be calling soonish asking for help with 10. But I'm also gun shy of a brand new OS as well.

I'm not ready to make the move up until I have backed everything up... at least 3 times.

I learned that lesson after spending about 6 hours on the phone with MS tech support when everything crashed about 75% of the way into a Windows ME install... only to have them tell me at the end: "Sorry... but your PC is hosed. Reformat and try again..."

Archived