Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to log in earlier, got a "Domain Name Expired" notice.

This place is really falling apart. I wonder if the fact that it's back means it's been renewed... or if that was just an error? And if it's renewed, by whom, and for how long? If they have faith that this place is going to stay alive for the foreseeable future, does that mean infrastructure improvements, and/or software updates and visual refreshes?

Or minimal life support for a few more years?

I have that 'Siri' program on my iPad, but it's turned off. Creeps me out. :indif:

Now, if I could download Majel Barret's voice and get it to call itself 'Computer,' that would suddenly be cool.

Another X-Wing or Rogue Squadron game, or something of that type at that quality, would get my money. I played Battlefront II. It was OK for what it was, but it wasn't really my kind of game (and the space combat was pretty lame). The new Battlefront would have to be incredible to get me interested.

I actually liked the Battlefront games, but certainly NOT for the starfighters. :dozey: The space battles in BF2 were embarrassing, and lame. But for a first person shooter, it was pretty good...and nice to have a familiar Star Wars universe to get around in. My only real complaints were the small map size and inability to retrieve fallen weapons like in Halo.

Tried to log in earlier, got a "Domain Name Expired" notice.

This place is really falling apart. I wonder if the fact that it's back means it's been renewed... or if that was just an error? And if it's renewed, by whom, and for how long? If they have faith that this place is going to stay alive for the foreseeable future, does that mean infrastructure improvements, and/or software updates and visual refreshes?

Or minimal life support for a few more years?

If the benefactor has mouse ears, that's okay with me. Gift horse. Whatever.

Today's Daily Zen:

image.jpg1_zpss9efl0xa.jpg

It's official. Google is run by hippies. :max:

Warframe is my game of choice at the moment. Space Ninjas FTW! and the "Frame" i like to use has an ability to make a lightsaber

Warframe-5.jpg

I like Fallout, but I like to be able to complete all the missions and sidequests. Found out when playing new vegas that I missed a chance to complete a companion quest early in the game, and kind of rage quit. I like being a sniper in the game, but unlike earlier fallout games you don't get the bonus damage for head hits.

I'll wait for fallout to come out later and go on sale as GotY with the add ons.

In almost a month, a game i backed via kickstarter is going to go alpha. It is a "God" game called "The Universim" where you take a planet with "Nuggets" living on them, and you help their society evolve until they can colonize other planets.

Can I ask how?

I started up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines again. That right there is an amazing game, and I highly recommend it. You can see how it influenced deus ex human revolution.

Besides that, The battle front games are amazing. Though I do agree the star fighter portions needed work. The maps were too small for meaningful dogfights.

so tired and not wanting to go to sleep...doing the ****ty 3 days of ****ery...

11-7 on wednesday

3-11 today

7-3 tomorrow

then saturday im back on to 3-11's. which i love that **** so much more to do, not as much downtime.

Oh, rotating shifts. The fun of retail and letting others have days off, but not you

i don't do retail. thank god, i'd have been fired months ago. i work "security" at a halfway house. best civilian job i ever had. coworkers are easy-going, don't without worrying about getting yelled at for foul language, can use my smartphone during downtime to play angry birds or go on facebook. i'll never go back to "customer service".

i was shot in the back of the head with 4, yes 4 arrows, they exited the right side of my face, i walked a few seconds then paralyzed when i went to turn around to see who shot me bled out and died. came out of that state after a few seconds.

i was shot in the back of the head with 4, yes 4 arrows, they exited the right side of my face, i walked a few seconds then paralyzed when i went to turn around to see who shot me bled out and died. came out of that state after a few seconds.

I love that this is what people will see, totally without context, at the top of this new page.

My week from hell begins today. Worst week of the year at work, and that is saying a lot. 6 full days of shows, all involving dozens of bands on our stage, none of which are related in any way to one another, all made up of teenaged musicians, and led by some of the most stressy and picky professors the college can wrangle.

Plus: Jury duty! At 8am. On Wednesday. After working until midnight the night before. And working until midnight that night as well.

Somehow this week, I have to find time to report to jury duty, spend all day in a courthouse... then rush to work and spend all night mixing bands. Like 11 of them. A big band. A gospel choir. A classical choir. A metal guitar band. African pop band...

Of course, I did ask for the day off, because that would be, y'know, the sane thing to do... but that was before two of my co-workers chose THE BUSIEST WEEK OF THE YEAR to leave the country on vacation. So at that point it was "Dear Ed, **** you very much. Love, the Management."

Seems fair.

My week from hell begins today. Worst week of the year at work, and that is saying a lot. 6 full days of shows, all involving dozens of bands on our stage, none of which are related in any way to one another, all made up of teenaged musicians, and led by some of the most stressy and picky professors the college can wrangle.

Plus: Jury duty! At 8am. On Wednesday. After working until midnight the night before. And working until midnight that night as well.

Somehow this week, I have to find time to report to jury duty, spend all day in a courthouse... then rush to work and spend all night mixing bands. Like 11 of them. A big band. A gospel choir. A classical choir. A metal guitar band. African pop band...

Of course, I did ask for the day off, because that would be, y'know, the sane thing to do... but that was before two of my co-workers chose THE BUSIEST WEEK OF THE YEAR to leave the country on vacation. So at that point it was "Dear Ed, **** you very much. Love, the Management."

Seems fair.

My sympathies. Last week and this week are our busiest of the year as well, and a lot of our managers and important engineers left on vacation too. So now it's all on me to make sure everything is correct and finalized. What the hell?

Of course, ****ty things tend to clump together, so I got home after a long and merciless day at work, where I never got a break to eat at all, to find that mom has hopelessly clogged the kitchen sink, and filthy water is gushing out into the cabinet below it through the garbage disposal.

Because, if life is going to suck for edlib... it's REALLY going to suck. :dozey::rolleyes::(

That makes for a truly unpleasant day. Did you gas Jews in a past life or something...? ;)

deciding to keep this girlfriend...haven't even ****ed her yet nor have i seen her genitalia...she better not be a he. all i'm sayin.

:eyeraise:

Does the human have an Adam's apple?

Archived