Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a blah weekend. The weather just sucked around here, and both myself and my girlfriend were exhausted and feeling like crud.

I did manage to take apart her PS1 and get it to work again... but that was about the highlight of the entire weekend. Other than that, it was a lot of sleeping late and vegging out on the couch eating delivery Chinese food, watching re-runs of Mythbusters.

I didn't have a great weekend either. I was exhausted on saturday.

We had some stuff going on around the house, hanging sheet rock mostly, and after 2 hours I had to go upstairs and doze (I consider dozing that point just before sleep, where your mind is still going, but your body is out) for a bit.

Sunday I was better rested, and we got more sheetrock hung. Then today, I'm not sure if I got any sleep or not. I might have gotten 4 hours, but I'm honestly not sure. I don't think my mind stopped churning, but there is a bit of time I can't really account for.

Either way, Its not going to be a fun day.

went to school today. :) lots of opportunities presenting themselves...

the college is doing an Ipad program, where most of the textbooks are loaded onto the ipad, and they're including the books/ipad in the cost of tuition. made life pretty easy. just gotta get it set up now and load up some apps. :D

went down to madison again last weekend. Spent Friday evening with my Dad, and Saturday morning at the Farmers market. FYI, the "Dane county" farmers market has about 150 vendors around the state Capitol square. Bought some fresh trout that I grilled on wood planks (the best way to cook fish IMHO) on sunday. Also had a fennel/kale/sweet pepper salad to go with it. Really nice when you can go to a farmers market, and the next day have some of the freshest food to make a meal with.

Almost reached Mastery level 6 in Warframe. Got a Dog (Kubrow) and a big claymore sized sword.

the college is doing an Ipad program, where most of the textbooks are loaded onto the ipad, and they're including the books/ipad in the cost of tuition. made life pretty easy. just gotta get it set up now and load up some apps. :D

'Star Chart' (trust me) and 'Fsim space shuttle.' The shuttle program is based on the one used by NASA to train their pilots...as seen in my sig. Also, get the 'Tri1 games' flight simulators (Fly Hawaii, Fly Bush Pilot and others) and enter 'tricorder' in the search engine at the App Store and see what pops up... :D

I already mentioned the fish tank.

image.jpg1_zpsxnzttayu.jpg

Don't you mean 'Algebra (face) = f* ck?' :joy:

On that matter, at my last job they had a dry erase board over the break table on which I wrote 'X(AK)-T=NSG1.' :dozey: No explanation.

Several waitresses tried googling the equation and found nothing. Finally, someone asked me and I said it meant 'Too much Ass-Kickery without Tipping equals Non-Sh*t-Givery to the power of one.' When I said power of one, I illustrated with my middle finger.

:max: I like this job better. Pocket full of bills, every day.

It's been a week of tired so far. Can't get my sorry carcass out of it's own way.

Vacation is very much needed. All my power reserves are on full discharge. Fortunately, I'll be taking one after Labor Day. If I live that long to see it that is... :dozey:

Putting a new screen in the mixing board tomorrow. Should be... scary.

After about 4 hours of banging my head against a wall, I finally got my old iPod Classic from 2008 working with Windows 10 and the latest version of iTunes.

Apple wanted to charge me 30 bucks.... all it took as a registry hack and finding the old Windows 7 version for the Apple iPod USB Driver.

Thanks for the recommendations zoom. I'm going to see how many of them are on the android marketplace.

Every time someone mentions Wisconsin, I'm reminded of ask a ninja. "Americas dairy land, nothing brings lovers together quite like cheese".

we also have had 4 serial killers

David Spanbauer

Ed Gein

Jeffrey Dahmer

Walter Ellis

Ed and Jeffery are both quite disturbing, for different reasons. I really cannot say which one is worse

So cheese sometimes makes you constipated, and ya know, sometimes when I don't have a good BM, i do feel like killing someone.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of that.

I'm sure New York has had its fair share of serial killers. But I don't know for sure.

And I start school on sept 1st. I'm not looking forward to it. I've been going to college since I was 18, and I just want it to be over.

decided to withdraw from college algebra. i'll just take it on its own semester or online. don't have the time or patience for it right now. just wasted an hour trying to do the homework and since i dont have a book for it, it's annoying trying to flip back and forth through the brytewave on the ipad. so **** it. no regrets. i'm still full time.

we also have had 4 serial killers

David Spanbauer

Ed Gein

Jeffrey Dahmer

Walter Ellis

Ed and Jeffery are both quite disturbing, for different reasons. I really cannot say which one is worse

So cheese sometimes makes you constipated, and ya know, sometimes when I don't have a good BM, i do feel like killing someone.

The very worst possible was John Wayne Gacy, a child's party clown by day who killed 33 in Chicago.

gacy312.jpg

That was just a short drive from Wisconsin...so close we used to tool up to Milwaukie when I was at basic training at Great Lakes for party time. Tried the cheese (women) a lot and never got constipated (crabs.)

Never trust anyone with the middle name Wayne. When I was on tour, the bus driver was David "Wayne"... and boy howdy did that man freak me out. (Of course, our 2nd driver was a Maurice, and he was a weirdo in a whole 'nother set of ways... so maybe it's just long-distance tour-bus drivers you have to be wary of. Hmmm...)

Put a new screen in the console today. It solved nothing. Sunday's giant PITA concert is looming and approaching fast. It would be nice to have a fully-functioning mixing board by then. :dozey:

Until then, it looks like this:

11892236_10153099845153461_5555899756211583611_n.jpg?oh=6857a52157a583bda4ef5cfa13c3a48f&oe=567F4FFE

Ed, you get that thang patched up before them giant pitas show up, you hear? Not sure what kind of crazy hippy sandwich festival you got going on up there, but it will sound a lot better with proper sound mixing to render the crunch of lettuce and bean sprouts.

Did you mean to say pandas and your computer auto-corrected it as 'pitas?' That would make more sense...

Archived