Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zoom, thats a hell of a collection right there. I have a pawn shop or two around me, I might have to go check them out this weekend. Assuming I'm not drowning in homework that is.

Speaking of homework...a little research goes a long way in buying from pawnshops. ;) Properly equipped with a smart phone, you can do an on the spot google search of an item to determine:

What it is. Enter what you do know, and do an image search. Scroll through the pictures until you find your sword.

What it's worth. Enter what it is with the words 'buy it now price.' You will get a rough idea of what your item is worth on the web, which is the baseline for antiquity values used by every dealer in the world.

Now, if you decide to get into Japanese sword collecting, you can tell a real nihonto sword from a (Chinese) fake after doing some research. If you are still unsure if a sword is real, take the best pictures you can of the blade and post them here; I can give you an opinion.

Last point. I was given good advice early on to collect authentic swords instead of replicas, because old ones go UP in value, while new ones go down. An Arisaka bayonet from WW2 was worth $20 when I started collecting 30 years ago, and that same bayonet is $100 cheap today. :dozey: I do own a few good quality replicas, mostly Chinese samurai swords that I can use in the yard and wall hangers meant to fill the sack of ignorant burgulars, but the mass of my collection is the old stuff.

Quiet girl, needs programming...probably has daddy issues. Hmm.

If you decide to flush this one, consider sending her way out to the west coast. :max: I'll pay for shipping.

no daddy issues...she has sisters that are twins tho...and both are engaged so there's that to deal with. idk dealing with alot of unnecessary bull**** right now in my life. ugh. ****ing traffic ticket and parking violation. ticket magnet cars are sweet.

Boy, I'm behind :dozey:

Projected year-end post count after August: 1,755

Finally got my check for working state tournament last week, and it's for enough to cover a new ball, if I want one. I'll have to see what works tonight, though (first night of winter league).

I'll have at least one new teammate this year, b/c one of my first friends in bowling (we're talking from back in the late 80s here) is joining my team. Still need a fifth, but bowling with four is certainly better than bowling with just three. :)

having a stressful day...went to court got points knocked off my ticket for allegedly running a stop sign...fine went up. stupid trial magazine decides to charge me a million dollars so im on hold with the god damn bank and magazine company. homework is piling up and i'm gonna lose my mind.

I'll have at least one new teammate this year, b/c one of my first friends in bowling (we're talking from back in the late 80s here) is joining my team. Still need a fifth, but bowling with four is certainly better than bowling with just three. :)

I'll do it! I'll 'bowl.' :D

What do I bring? Shotgun? Rifle?

...Is it a man's game? :dozey: Should I bring a sledge hammer?

Star Wars Uprising is out. downloaded it on my phone at work today. It's free to play. Work was very stress free today. I gotta keep at my schoolwork though...I just have to keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end when i get my bachelor's degree in criminal justice, with 2 years experience working at a halfway house as well as continuing my career in the national guard i should be able to get a decent job and be set in a good paying career by the time i'm 40. #thattenyearplan

Posting from the beach in Provincetown. Not the sunniest, warmest day ever, but it still beats work, so it's awesome! :joy:

I'll post pics at some point (though there are already a few on my FB). I haven't been on my computer for more than a minute or two since I've been here, and I've hardly looked at the phone at all. I have the beach, my guitar, my lady, and her cats, with a fridge stocked with noms, including done freshly caught lobster, and no schedule to keep.

Swam for several hours the other day. Walked around a bit today. Otherwise, just chilling and letting several years of stress and tension wash away with the tides.

Life is pretty good right now. :)

I am really having some social anxiety issues now. Not "full" social anxiety. But I almost at the point I cannot trust socializing with strangers for fear of being hurt.

I was actually looking forward to running a Star wars RPG at 4pm at a little local game convention. And i was going to start by arriving at 10am for someone elses game.

No one showed up for the first game. I waited around to see if anything else happened, and after and hour of everyone bringing their friends to play a game, or playing a CCG (collectible card game) that i didn't have cards for. I left to go home

Come back at 330 and find out the 10am game was running, and took all of my 4pm game players.

Went to the bar to watch the football game and a complete stranger forced a conversation on me, and basically told me that I was a lazy $#!7 for not going to school.

Went to work today to find the day that I tried to have off, and got denied, I got to have off.

I am getting to the point I feel I can trust strangers anymore

Archived