Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

also peter pan looks pretty good.

There another Peter Pan movie? I feel like we get one of these every few years.

my girl also picked me up the star wars trilogy book...i've never read it so that should be a good read i think. :)

The original movie novelizations? Those are a pretty good read. It's interesting to encounter parts that were cut from the films.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a prequel story to peter pan i guess when the lost boys and the pirates were on the same side. and yeah the original movie novelizations combined into one book. :)

picked up another batch of C4 50x and i got 50% off of some creatine nitrate. :) gonna get back to a fitness routine and max my next pt test.

also peter pan looks pretty good.

272.gif

I am not ever going to see a remake of a movie ever in a theater, nor rent one. I wish everyone else would do the same and stop trying to justify the reasons we should watch such remakes

my girl also picked me up the star wars trilogy book...i've never read it so that should be a good read i think. :)

get the radio drama. you will thank me later. Books are okay, but they don't differ very much from the movies, so you might as well watch the movies. The radio Drama's, on the other hand, do have some added scenes and content that are great for any SW fan

Work has been totally nightmarish lately... and we are only a couple of weeks in, with a long way until May and Commencement. :(

This bodes not at all well...

Several events a day, 6 or 7 days a week, and each one is "THE BIGGEST, MOST IMPORTANT CONCERT EVER!!!"

Except, we usually only get less than an hour to set up for a show that would, in a perfect world, take 4 to 6 hours to set up properly. Leading to my stress... because since these are so high profile, they have to be absolutely perfect, too.

Oh... and many of the student crew working for me was just recently hired, so most of them don't know what to do on the job.

I'm not a particularly happy dude these days.

Whelp the Yankees lost the game to the Texas team last night. I belive this means they are out of the playoffs.

I always root for the Yankees first, NY second. So now I'm hoping the Mets make it (I think they're still in the playoffs).

And Ouch Edlib. Though I know the hate your job feeling. Retail for 5 years, teaches you how to hate very effectively.

I actually really like my job. I just wish it was just a bit more humane in the amount of hours and the unrealistic expectations of what we can do in an impossible schedule.

But when things are running the way they were designed, life is good.

Those times seem to be rarer and rarer these days, unfortunately.

We seem to be victims of our own success, though: We keep pulling off these shows... so everybody thinks that next time they won't have to hold back, and they can just keep piling on events.

P.S.: By the way... Yankees Suck. ;P

As a card-carrying resident of the greater Boston area, I believe that I am legally required to state that anytime the name of the team is mentioned. ;)

Actually... I personally love it when the Sox season ends... my commute gets SOOOOOO much easier. Where I work is one subway stop away from the ballpark. I'm always torn between support of the home team, and my dread of a post-season crowd rush to Fenway every night.

World Series in Boston are the worst. At least in terms of me getting to and from work. And when they do win the series... I try to flee the city limits before the riots start.

I really liked Hook, and I've been surprised to hear over the years that a lot of people think it sucked :confused:

I did hate Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell, though (and in pretty much everything else, really), and that part where she grows to normal human size and hits on Peter is...really awful...and weird.

Probably not.

:indif: I would be unsure of the food safety of a large mass of spareribs floating in space. Granted, the surface meat would be sterile due to vacuum, temperature and radiation...but toward the core, things might get a bit tropical. Anything soft enough to to eat would be crawling with bacteria.

verizon dsl sucks. im so ****ing pissed right now...why should i even pay for this ****..so god damn slow. ugh. gonna hassle comcast tomorrow morning and see if i can get them to hook me up...****ing ex girlfriend had to **** that up for me. grrr so ****ing upset.

started reading Aftermath. so far so good..

Probably some spoliers here... but i don't think they spoil things

I will put some space here in case it is

THe introduction of a main character as being gay, was forcefully written and shoehorned in. Not many people mention the "Aunts" who were also gay. Not that being gay is bad. But it seemed a cheap way to gain more attention that had nothing to do for the plot or story.

Surprising the number of times a main character was going to die, but didn't. Worst then some old serial flash Gorden cliff hangers.

Rather cardboard cut out characters.

can anyone here make me a kick-ass computer? i'm considering upgrading from my laptop. Specifically for gaming so it's gotta be able to run everything at max settings with super high FPS. Wondering how much it will run me. :) next thing i get after im done paying off my car i think.

can anyone here make me a kick-ass computer? i'm considering upgrading from my laptop. Specifically for gaming so it's gotta be able to run everything at max settings with super high FPS. Wondering how much it will run me. :) next thing i get after im done paying off my car i think.

It would cost you a fair chunk of change. But, I suspect, most of us could build you a solid gaming machine.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking at least an I5 (if not an I7), GTX 980, 560 Watt psu, and 16 ish gigs of ram.

With the right mobo, you could make it have the ability to upgrade to 32 gigs of RAM. Though, that should be way more then you should ever need to game on.

Also, what internet are you using? Dial up?

Edit: https://pcpartpicker.com/ is your best friend when trying to put together a new rig.

Opened a new bottle of Scotch tonight - Glenfarclas 21 years old. Excellent. Very complex. I mean, I'd much rather be on a date, but...it'll do.

I think most of us would. I've never had scotch. I have a shot of vodka once a year, and drink the wine at church, but that's the only drinking I do.

Opened a new bottle of Scotch tonight - Glenfarclas 21 years old. Excellent. Very complex. I mean, I'd much rather be on a date, but...it'll do.

Nice. Curling is starting up for me next week. Need to find a nice "bookend" to start the season with. I start the season with a nice bottle of scotch, and end it with another.

Archived