Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

Doesn't lager have so many calories in it that you can safely skip your next meal?

It can. German monks have lived on nothing but a kind of lager, doppelbock, for their entire Lenten fast. Liquid bread!

That's one reason I'm in no rush to get into beer. I need to save up the calories for cheese, my one true love.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in wisconsin. and I love cheese. And I never really want to leave wisconsin because of the great cheese.

A few years ago a local cheese maker released a 20 year Cheddar. $209 a pound.

But there is also another place (Carr Valley cheese) that has World champion artisan cheeses, and sometimes uses a Cow/Sheep/Goat blend.

Sprained or tore my rotator cuff today at work. Much pain. Finished shift despite other cook saying, 'Dude, go home. I can finish it.'

Good news: it happened at work. Worker's comp, baby. :thumbsup:

I might need medical treatment. We'll see how I am in the morning. Meanwhile, my take on beer is that it is an acquired taste; I didn't really like beer until the microbrews started popping up. My idea of beer was anonymous midwest factory pilsner beer in a can. Schitz...Blatz...Droogle's...whatever. Then I tried some of the local ales and IPAs--total world of difference.

I do like Guinness for cooking because the flavor is very strong and stands up well against other ingredients. For drinking...the secret is to drink it at room temperature. Served cold, the complex grain flavors are masked somewhat, which brings out the bitter taste of hops. At room temperature (not warm, mind you) the flavor is in balance.

Unless this rotator cuff heals properly, my days of swordsmanship may be at an end. It's my right shoulder, and I'm right handed. I have maintained an ability to use the left over the years, but my left just isn't strong enough to, say, cut a human being's head off. No samurai-san.

However, my left trigger finger is as skilled as the right. :indif: So I ain't defenseless...

Unless this rotator cuff heals properly, my days of swordsmanship may be at an end. It's my right shoulder, and I'm right handed. I have maintained an ability to use the left over the years, but my left just isn't strong enough to, say, cut a human being's head off. No samurai-san.

However, my left trigger finger is as skilled as the right. :indif: So I ain't defenseless...

That is most unfortunate, Zoomie.

For storage, I do keep the Guinness in the fridge. But on Sundays, I always make sure I take two out and leave them to warm up to room temperature.

There's only one pub in Rochester that will serve Guinness properly. They also have proper fish and chips so...... :D

Also; This is a thing:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Hmmm... I'd have to upgrade my game console. Since I never turn on the ones I have anymore, or ever seem to any have time to play games... it would be a bit of an investment.

I hear the vehicle controls in BF are still kinda clunky.

Can I ask how you managed to tear your rotator cuff? If you can, physical therapy helps.

And hows your lefty aim? I can't aim with my left hand for anything.

meh? what were u expecting?

The villains seem uninteresting and the main girl seems uninteresting. Black guy stormtrooper has potential, Harrison Ford as Han seems good, and it looks like there might be some decent starfighter action. But if the hero and the villains are not compelling, that's a problem. They might turn out to be great and just not shown very well in this trailer, but it seems pretty important for your first full trailer to get people excited about the hero and the villains. I don't know. We'll see.

I just noticed that the Falcon hyperspace flyby shot in this trailer looks almost EXACTLY like the J.J. Abrams Star Trek warp shots of the Enterprise. Hmmm...

At least the lens flare shots aren't totally out of control, though there are a few... and so far I haven't seen any of his trademark seasickness-inducing hand-held cam shakiness... yet.

Can I ask how you managed to tear your rotator cuff? If you can, physical therapy helps.

And hows your lefty aim? I can't aim with my left hand for anything.

The rotator cuff was torn by a Wookiee, who was trying to tear the whole arm off...but lefty aim with a handy blaster saved the day.

:D

(I was dumping a big pot of used oil from a fryer in the vat out back, and the shoulder 'buckled' when I lifted it up to reach the opening.)

I can use the left for handguns, because I trained myself to use both hands from the beginning. Not so much with the rifle; the charging handle or bolt is always on the right side, which forces you to work the action from that side...and the thought of resting the stock on my damaged shoulder while recoil does its thing makes me cringe.

I remember the days when TOR got me all hot and bothered. I hate that it turned into just another mmo.

The grinding of all mmo's makes me put them aside eventually.

Sorry to hear that zoom. My back gave out 2ish years ago, I was laid up for 2 weeks. And the third week, I started walking around, hunched over like an old man (no joke).

Yeah, but the older I get, the more I get used to it... After Space: 1999 and 2001 (and 2010) failed to be anywhere near the predicted level of futuristic awesometasity, my threshold of disappointment kinda callused over.

But: none of them predicted how many cat videos there would be available on the internet... and that's pretty amazing, right?!??

I seem to remember back in grade school around mid-80s were told to draw a skyline for the year 2000. Everyone was doing Jetsons style space needles and such. And i did blocky buildings.

I was right... not that I wanted to

But also you have to understand that in the 60s there was great passion for space travel, and the imagination has no boundaries for what the potential could be in 50 years. instead it seems we have stagnated because politicians, and business leaders see no value in space travel. Sending rockets into space is basically using the same rocket technology that was used 50 years ago, and there really hasn't been any breakthrough to change that.

Archived