Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

Really frustrating day at work. Too many brand-new, completely green stagehand crew. Weird technical glitches for seemingly no reason. Threw me off my game...

The show went fine... but I was fuming at the console all night.

Meh.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw man. went to bed at 12:30 last night, and the game wasn't done yet. I wake up to find out the royals got one more run in.

5-4 royals. Credit where its due, they played well. Though there were a few times the mets were up at bat, where I asked aloud "why would you swing at that?"

No one else is is watching the world series?

I work until at least 11pm most nights, sometimes later, typically 6 nights a week, unless it's 7 nights.

It's probably been 20 years since I have managed to watch any TV in real time.

The only baseball team I give a crap about how they are doing is the Red Sox... and that's only because: (2.) they are local; but mostly because: (1.) I work within walking distance to Fenway Park, and the night games often let out right about the same time I'm leaving work, and it affects my commute.

Rah Rah! Goooo, Sports Team!

When I have time to pay attention to such things, I follow Formula 1, Indycar, the World Rally Championship, and other motorsports... with the possible exception of NASCAR, which I typically find boring.

See above.

;)

I went to bed after the 9th inning.

Glad i Did

No curling tonight as one of the hockey teams decided they wanted to play their game. Instead I am going to go to a SOUP and hoping to meet a coworker there who will give me a free beer, since she doesn't drink beer.

The SOUP is a neat concept. it is Microfunding. YOu pay $5 at the door, listen to some people spend 4 minutes presenting their idea to improve the community, and take some questions. Afterwards you get served soup and bread and maybe discuss the ideas, and vote. Who ever wins the vote gets the money. As about 300 people show up that is a nice chunk of change.

It is being held at our local craft brewery and they give a free beer for those that bike in.

Rogue 15, getting into prison is pretty difficult these days. Free meals, housing and health care mean fierce competition. Unless you got the stones to commit the big crimes like rape or murder, the best you can hope for is the county slammer.

NASCAR road course races are better than ovals. Oval track racing gets monotonous for me.

'Got that left turn down pretty good, don'tcha Skeeter?' :max:

E'yup. :dozey: Go fast. Turn left. Repeat.

'The International Internet Cat Video Festival' at work tonight.

Pretty much exactly how it sounds. We showed a DVD of somebody's collection of cat clips on our big screen. Kinda silly, but ridiculously easy, so no complaints from me.

Some of the clips were pretty funny... but I've already seen all the best ones already.

I do have Facebook, after all... :dozey:

...And I have six cats. :dozey: It's like a freaking circus, up in here.

One of my swords has turned out to be from the 1400's (probably) according to the Japanese sword experts at the Nihonto Message Board. Here is the thread where we discuss the matter, and at least one geijin loses his head over my use of Chinese koshirae.

image_zpspz4ns9ke.jpeg

Here is the sword, recently redone. The blade is antique, not the Chinese fittings or the Navy collar devices I tied into the handle for menuki. ;)

This means that if some dirtbag breaks into my house in the middle of the night, he's likely to get cut down by a sword that was made before Christopher Columbus 'discovered' America. :D

ha! zoom, thats awesome right there.

oh, news from my end, I ordered a new phone! The OnePlus One (thats not a typo).

Check it out, the hardware is similar to the galaxy s5. It does use a offshoot of android, not android itself. But, if I don't like that offshoot, I can always put android on the phone.

Revision: late 1500's.

:D Still pre-dates the Tokugawa shogunate!

:dozey: There is some controversy as to whether or not I should have re-mounted the sword. The experts (mostly) agree that I should have left it in the shira-saya. However, if I so choose, all I have to do is remove one bamboo peg, take out the blade and return it to the shira-saya mountings; this plus I was careful not to affect the antique steel when I mounted it leads me to conclude 'what's the difference?'

They are almost unanimous in their disdain for sword fittings made in China. :max: Racists. I love China.

I can always put android on the phone.

If it's C-3PO, please don't.

He's worse than putting your six year old on the phone...

Who else has bought their tickets for Episode 7? Seeing the first showing in my area non-3D which is at 7pm Thursday.

And November 15th I am going to go to my First NFL football game. Going to see the Green Bay Packers hose the Detroit Lions. Going to be part of a bus trip that includes a tailgating party

Revision: late 1500's.

If it's C-3PO, please don't.

He's worse than putting your six year old on the phone...

Ha!

Whelp, the one is able to be able supported on metro pcs. I couldn't transfer my contacts though. My SD card (I think thats the correct card) is last gen, so its too big for the OnePlus One's slot.

Tried pairing the two phones and transferring data that way. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. So now I have to transfer my contacts by hand (oh no, the world as we know it might collapse).

Oh, and I haven't bought my tickets for the opening weekend. My birthday is that weekend, and I really want to see that movie. But I don't want to see it opening night.

My bowling has hit the skids since I had a broken front tooth pulled to (hopefully) make way for an implant. Getting a deal on the implant b/c I'm having it done in a dental school setting (they run it like a private practice, but the dentists are just out of dental school).

Archived