Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

just watched the trailer. And...it looks interesting. I'm with K_K on the cross gaurd, but everything else...the leader of the empire, the crashed star destroyer on tatooine, storm troopers with flame throwers on tatooine (that just seems redundant), the lightsaber fight in the snow (something I always wanted to see for a long time), I'm still psyced to see it.

Just not opening night. I'll wait till the weekend.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum changes bother me not. Our XWA thread will continue in an environment where new people can pop in more regularly, and that should be more entertaining. Plus, there is this:

There might be chicks! :max:

Let's face it; the pool of nubile young nymphs who thought online fighter piloting was cool has dried up...like more than a decade ago. :dozey: They just aren't joining our ranks. However, if we are constantly present in a forum they do visit, why, we become the cool old boys club. We would have legacy.

Also, we could totally cap on new bees if they show disrespect in our thread. ;) Got that covered. Yup.

Note: the off topic forum at SW Gamer is called 'Ahto's Space Cantina.' I propose we move the thread there when this forum goes away.

Note: the off topic forum at SW Gamer is called 'Ahto's Space Cantina.' I propose we move the thread there when this forum goes away.

I think that would probably be the best place for something like this.

Also; the Star Wars Gaming Community has shrunk in the past many years. Maybe it'll see new life with SW: Battlefront, but the Mouse hasn't announced anything beyond that.

Maybe we'll see a new Jedi Knight game? Maybe the new Expansion/Episodic content in SW: The Old Republic will generate traffic? Maybe a new Space Flight Sim will be come?

Personally, considering how Disney wants more consistancy across all mediums with story and "cannon".... I don't see any of these really helping except for the SW: The Old Republic MMO, as that is "unchained" by the Cannon Rule from Disney.

We know a lot about Battlefront now... since it's coming out in about a week, but EA does have other games coming later on that haven't been revealed.

What we do know is that EA has BioWare and Visceral Games working on a Star Wars game each. What these games will become, who knows.

We can easily bet that we're getting a KotOR/Mass Effect style RPG out of BioWare, but it's a complete mystery as to what Visceral is going to come up with.

Aside from those three big EA games, there's a bunch of mobile games no one really cares about and then there's SWTOR, which, to me, looks like it's about to wind down after The Knights of the Fallen Empire chapters end.

Things will start slow, but that's good for us, because eventually things will escalate and we'll have built up this place enough by that time to be ready for whatever comes in the future.

From experience, I find EA can go either way.

They have either helped the creation of great games, or ruin games because of their asshattery.

I'm going to take the wait and see approach on all this.

As for swtor... the only reason it's still around is because it's still making money thanks to the free to play system/pay for sexy outfits thing it's got going on.

I'll make a 2016 One Year Thread in Star Wars Gamer I think. It could be good!

Also, KotFE is indeed very very good

image.jpg

welcome XWA.net virgin. Glad you are happy to finally get, eventually, on our bandwagon that has BEEN AROUND FOR 10+ YEARS

Maybe you are just jealous of my Badges

...And it's only going to get worse. ;)

Just wait until lost tourists and Chinese noodle vendors start popping up in the thread. It will be like the lost and found desk at the Olympics--utter chaos.

Taak, is it true you're a roguesquadron.netter? If so, you should know that I was the emperor of that place, and we called it 'Aresen.' That was way before your time, though...

Not going to buy fallout, I stopped buying games on game day after D3 failed release day. I just wait a year and get the GotY addition with all the bugs fixed, add-ons and DLC

It's finally happened. :indif: My gaming is so outdated that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just stick me in the freaking nursing home and rip off my social security checks at the mail box, willya?

Taak, is it true you're a roguesquadron.netter? If so, you should know that I was the emperor of that place, and we called it 'Aresen.' That was way before your time, though...

I still hold rank and power over there.

Yes, I lord over... nothing. ;_;

Fallout 4 runs REALLY nice. i5-4460, 8GB RAM and an R9 280X and it's smooth as hell. Looks pretty too!

But alas, I did not ask for Tuesday off, so I must get some sleep and work tomorrow.

Not going to buy fallout, I stopped buying games on game day after D3 failed release day. I just wait a year and get the GotY addition with all the bugs fixed, add-ons and DLC

Q_Q

this guy. lol

to each their own i guess...i'd like to go buy Fallout 4...but i just got Metal Gear Solid V...maybe i should take that game back in exchange...

I'm going to give it a few months before I pickup fallout 4. I'm def interested in MGS5 though, I just hate paying 50 bucks for a game. So I can wait for it to go on sale.

My biggest question for Fallout 4 is how is the world? Is it a faithful continuation of Fallout 3, and NV? Or is it something that's supposed to be completely new?

i'm willing to guess that it's more of a prequel to Fallout 3...it's really good so far, feels very much like Fallout 3 but with much better graphics...though i have new vegas, i haven't play that much...my character is just going to go to town in this game lol..."The Wolf" the music is pretty good too. :)

Archived