Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't discuss politics with friends or family either. I have some views they'd disagree with, and I don't want to put that strain on our relationship.

In lighter news, what app are you working with zoom?

Edit: did not see the next page before my above post. Though I don't think I'll change it.

I'm just glad lucas is off the creative team. He seemed to want to milk the franchise, rather then expand on what he'd made so far.

On the matter of politics...

I discuss my views with others because in this country, which is almost evenly divided between conservatives/republicans and liberals/democrats, finding the common ground and trying out new ideas is what will eventually help us find a way. Like most people, I'm a little of both, subscribing to some notions that are older (more conservative) and newer (more liberal.) When asked where I come down on maters, I just say 'I'm a conservative hippy, or a liberal redneck...you pick.'

I listen to talk radio to keep up with the day's political discussions. Exactly half the time I'm listening to the local conservative station, and the rest of the time I have the local NPR station on. If I only listen to one, I only get half the story.

KK, I am sorry for your brother's asshattery. When families can't get along despite having different opinions, they all lose. I can only say that I get the feeling his alienation is temporary, since one must eventually pull their head out in order to breathe, and he may wish to revisit the discussion. I hope I'm right about that.

Matt, the sky viewer I'm using is called 'Star Chart.' I've tried several, and it's the best. It's free, but if you buy the in-app purchases, you can track satellites, comets and asteroids. It also switches to a static star field, so you can zoom in on individual stars and even resolve binaries, explore the planets and whatnot.

I think George Lucas is paid well enough that he would find something good to say about a pile of dog turds. :dozey: The movie will be good on its own, no matter what he says...or it will suck. *(Shrugs.)* Gotta see it to find out.

Thanks for the app recommendation. The permissions it asks for include access to the microphone. Do you have to record anything for it?

And I have to agree about Mr. Lucas. likely as not, someone in Disney thought it would be a good idea to make sure he said he liked it. Just to get more folks to spend their hard earned money to see the movie.

Thanks for the app recommendation. The permissions it asks for include access to the microphone. Do you have to record anything for it?

Probably has voice recognition for the search engine. Just tell it no if you don't want the NSA listening to you talk with your cousin Akhbar in Pakistan...

That explains that. Android phones don't have the ability to limit access to specific items. I with they did, belive you me. There are so many apps I'd like to mess around with, but w/out the limiting ability, they want access to too much info.

and is creed still around? I remember listening to them back in high school in the early 2000's.

That explains that. Android phones don't have the ability to limit access to specific items. I with they did, belive you me. There are so many apps I'd like to mess around with, but w/out the limiting ability, they want access to too much info.

and is creed still around? I remember listening to them back in high school in the early 2000's.

I meant the movie. No idea if the band is still active.

Department of Corrections Academy was boring as hell. I got one thing out of it, the defensive tactics training. so basically i'm a black belt. I also got CPR/First Aid certified (ADULT only. sorry kids, you're on your own!) so at least I get to bring something back considering I'm either gonna drop down to part-time 1 day a week or quit this job altogether for a job as a press operator. Gonna be great being back to my 3-11 shift and having the mornings off so i can be back on my gym schedule and play SWTOR alot. :)

Got good news over the weekend about reclassing, the whole brigade is training and we are now Light Infantry brigade...pretty thrilled.

Archived