Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as my wife was sick, i didn't get much. Which is typical of Christmas. I always spend more on gifts then I recieve.

Mainly because most everyone in my family splits my gifts betwean Christmas and my birthday 31 days later. So that means i get less gifts for both. Numerous times i got "IOUs" that were never fufilled

did everyone manage to see it this weekend? Saw it the second time and noticed a few things seeing it the first time in 3d made me miss. Seriously, don't see it in 3d the first time you go.

Edit: oh, and did anyone get anything interesting for christmas? I got me a smart watch, and a RasberryPi B+. Not sure what I'm going to do with the RasberryPi, but I have it!

I saw it in 2d first. Whenever I see a movie in 3d and/or IMAX it's a bit too overwhelming, and I didn't anything want to spoil it. Plus my girlfriend is prone to migraines, and other formats can sometimes trigger those.

I got a black Fitbit watch, a book of "1001 movies you must see before you die", and a waterproof Bluetooth speaker system.

First icky slushy gross snowfall/sleet/ freezing rain storm of the season. Guess which morning my girlfriend's car decided to break down on the side of the road shortly after leaving her place? Fortunately I was just behind her... but it's 3 hours later and my feet are still freezing from standing at the side of the road in 4 inches of slush, getting splashed by every car that passed. It couldn't have been one of those sunny warm days from last week where I was driving around with the sunroof open. No... of course not. :rolleyes:

I got a dessert wine from a local Winery. LI is famous for its wineries out east.

I don't drink much...like ever. But this dessert wine doesn't taste bad. Not greate mind you, half a mouthful and I'm done with it for the night. But I've tried other wines, and this one isn't bad overall.

*(Gives Matt a fifth of Bacardi 151.)*

Here. :max: ...And don't come back until you've made a fool of yourself!

The LFN website server is down... I can't really do much about that but wait for it to come back up, unfortunately :\ (The forum is on its own server while all the networked web sites are on another server, fyi)

But the site was launched quite some time back and we've been posting entries for it.

saw the new movie again.

It was actually better the second time. And of course, I am an emotional person, and still had tears in my eyes the whole time after...

Han Solo helped Kylo Ren do something... LIKE BEING KILLED

The music was lacking. And i don't blame John Williams, I blame JJ Abrams, who didn't let the music lead a scene. Yea we got the Force theme at certain parts, and we got the Theme song. But there was no Imperial March, Binary sunset, Duel of the Fates, etc that stood out. It was in the background, and put in as an afterthought. I still do not know what Finn, Rae, and Poe's theme melodies are. I could hum off the top of my head Vader, Anakin (TPM), Liea, Luke, Yoda, and Even the Emporer (RotJ) theme melodies. But none of the new characters.

Of course it could be the sounds system at my theater. Both times i saw it in the same one.. so I don't know.

But my one gripe is the movie plot is so much like ANH, and the last 2/3 of RotJ that I really cannot say it was great. There is a "Future Macguffin plot coupon" that everyone wants and can help the heros. but big baddies have a big bad thing and use it, so heros must stop them from using it again. heros exploit the "Attack Its Weak Point" and save the day.

But i still have to say the Dialogue was Far better then anything in Episodes 1 2 or 3

also... this is the second time my movie was interrupted by kids less then 8 getting up to go the bathroom or get more popcorn/soda. and again, an Autisic person had a fit halfway though the movie and had to be almost carried out

The LFN website server is down... I can't really do much about that but wait for it to come back up, unfortunately :\ (The forum is on its own server while all the networked web sites are on another server, fyi)

But the site was launched quite some time back and we've been posting entries for it.

If/when the server comes back up, are you going to start re-directing lucas forums to starwarsgamer.net? Should just be a matter of editing your DNS entries to send them to the website instead.

Also, are you going to take lucas forums down, and put them on starwarsgamer forums?

I listened to the soundtrack on iTunes. It had some moments... but wasn't as classic as the others.

I'm not sure if that can be chalked up to Williams' age... or he wasn't given an inspiring temp track to work from. I've yet to see a J.J. Abrams movie with a great score, so I'm leaning towards the 2nd. But I also think the score was mixed low... another Abrams signature.

Lucas has many well known faults and flaws... but his movie music choices are always genius.

You know, I can't remeber any music that stood out to me in that movie. I saw it twice, a week apart. And no music comes to mind when I think of any scenes.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure I noticed any music during the movie.

A while back, on another forum we were sharing around the KotOR soundtrack. Much to the shigrin on the forum moderator/server owner (she band a few folks for that). And, in one of the few threads we managed to post a couple of messages in, one of the users pointed out, that any soundtrack in which you don't notice its there, is a good one. Because it fits the scene so well, it doesn't stand out.

I have no idea what to do tonight... No work... Girlfriend at home in bed with nasty sinus/ ear infection...

Maybe I'll go see TFA again. Or watch more of the Mythbusters marathon and go to bed early.

Last time I had a NYE off, about 7 or 8 years ago, I spent it playing Portal. :rolleyes:

I'm the most exciting person on the planet. Ever. :dozey:

Archived