Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

This show was a bitch. I've been here since 7:30am, and don't expect to leave until well after 1am. And every second of the day was like having teeth pulled, while also having your genitals tattooed, and simultaneous eye surgery... all with out anesthesia, and against your will.

Oh well... it's almost over. Time to do it all in reverse, and get ready for tomorrow's pain and suffering fest. :dozey:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I introduced my nephew to the time-honored male tradition of eating huge/gross/hot things for money, by eating a spoonful of wasabi for a dollar. I can only pray that the boy will take this lesson to heart, and when some kid at the playground offers to give him a nickel to eat a worm, he does the right thing and eats that worm like a man.

looks like i'm safe for now...

graduating college tomorrow. actually pretty excited about it. still loving my new job. 11-7 ain't ****...and this site isn't blocked. :) got my first paycheck from here friday...that was nice...last time i had a paycheck was from sams club for "orientationing" glad i quit that job. retail. never again!!

talking to the chick i hung out with a few weeks ago...planning on hanging out on monday. :)

2 weeks of work down...this isn't bad at all...just gotta keep on 3rd shift. though next saturday i'm working 2nd due to understaffing. grrrr...

easy money though. 10.50 an hour to play on my cell phone and surf the net 80% of the night! cant beat this job.

My old buick was dying, it dropped it's muffler and the brakes are going. A lot of other minor things going on, that I am junking it. Looking to get a 2012 Toyota Camry soon... which would be the newest car I would have ever owned.

Spent friday working on the outside of my house. Power washed the back, and the windows which were covered in spiderwebs and gunk. Also planted my garden, hopfully the bunny will not get at it.

My cat has so far this year caught 8 baby bunnies (working on killing litter #2 at the momment), 6 birds, and a dead fish. When my wife first mentioned he caught a fish, i was worried he grabbed one from out neighbors Koi point. But this one was dried out and already eaten... but still smelly enough to play with.

The last 8 weeks of work have been difficult. Working 50+ hour days. But with memorial day here things should start slowing down again.

Also started playing Armada.... it is awesome

armadabattle.jpg

internet turned back on today...:) gotta catch up on game of thrones and louie.

slept last night cause none of my bros wanted to hang out. another reason i sometimes hate being single, at least there'd be some obligation there on my days off..

anyway...gonna sleep for 4 hours then head to the gym.

gonna be a beast at annual training in june...

armadabattle.jpg

KK, I just want to cut your starships off their stands, level and paint the leftover stubs, then hang them from the ceiling with the rest of a proper Star Wars model fleet. They look that good.

Get a blue and green bouncy ball. Hang it behind the fleet and call it Alderaan. :D

went to gym tonight before work, then decided to run 2 miles, ran it pretty decent time considering i haven't ran in over a week...17:30 2 mile. need to cut 30 seconds to make the standard maximum time allowed. i think it can be done if i do this every other day.

got more protein powder from gnc. glad my internet is back on at home...

I bought an iPhone 6 yesterday. It's pretty awesome.

It is replacing the iPhone 3Gs that I bought just prior to visiting D.C. that time... early 2010, was it? When I met Keyan.

It was pretty elderly for a cell phone. I also got this laptop PC that same year... for my 40th birthday. I'm turning 45 next month. That might explain some of the headaches it's been giving me lately... but I think it has a few more years of service left in it, before it gets sent out to pasture as a Linux-driven backup machine.

The old phone?... not so much.

**** the iphone...worst battery life. droid turbo battery last me a day and a half, and im always using it...my old iphone, the iphone 5 sucked...use it for 2 hours and battery died. ridiculous. ed, return that **** and get the droid turbo.

Eh... After having and using the last one for half a decade, I think I know what I'm in for. :dozey:

Plus the fact that all the music and apps I paid for actually work on this one, and they and all my contacts just showed up when I activated the new one. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen if I switched to Android. :dozey:

Archived