Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

Rouge, something i've always wanted to do but never had the free time to do so.

Take all 6 of the star wars movies, take a day off, and watch them back to back. Seemed like a great way to kill 12ish hours.

Edit: Cracken, I acutally managed to scare off a woman the other day! I kid you not, I needed a plug, and the seat diagonally across from her was the only one near a plug. So, I plugged in my laptop, sat down, and didn't even look twice at her. Over the course of 20 min, she looked at me a few times, gathered up her things and practically left running.

No words were spoken, no glances from me at her. I just put my attention at my laptop (was playing rimworld at the time), and left her alone.

To me, this is rather funny. Apparently, I am woman repellent.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, no one else thought that was funny?

Ok then, moving right along. Just picked up the 3 crysis games on steam (crysis, crysis wars, crysis warhead). First time I played this game, I was shocked at how much they did with 5 Gigs of data.

No joke, there is a reason why this game was the benchmark for pc's.

I was at a restaurant today that had the Balvenie 12 year old Double Wood, and in light of our discussion about it here, I gave it a try.

It's a perfectly good 12 year old Speysider. Complex, pleasant, a little weak in the finish maybe. I'd say it's equal to the Glenlivet 12 year old, if not a little better. I'd give the Glenlivet 12 an 83/100, the Balvenie 12 an 84/100.

Day off project: new scabbard for Indian child's talwar.

image_zpsc1rldg4j.jpeg

This is a fairly common type of sword in India, but this one is unusual in its size. The blade is just 13 1/2 inches long, and the handle is so small that only a child or dwarf could wield it properly. I bought this one despite its not having a scabbard because children's swords are rare.

:dozey: Plus I can make a scabbard.

I used two pieces cut out of the plywood backing from an old picture frame to form the body and covered it with red suede recycled from an old leather coat. The ring is made out of carnelian, and is now too small for me to wear anyway. The brown lace is the only part that hasn't been used before...

went to a new "upscale" restaurant last night with my wife. The kitchen (or at least part of it) was open and you could see the kitchen staff preparing the food. Started with Cocktails, she had a Brandy old fashioned, and I had a Whiskey Manhattan. YOu know it is upscale when they serve the cocktails chilled, without ice.

A lot of the food had rather pretentious names, to sometimes hide it's rather common fare. I still dont understand why someone would go to that place and pay $20 for burgers and fries. I had Trout, and my wife Gnocchi. My apritief was a 12 year MacCallen that somehow tasted peaty, For dessert we had a honey mousse, that had the consistency of yogurt. I mentioned this to the waitstaff

One trend I see in my area with the restaurant scene is almost everyone wants to go out at 7pm. Very few actually plan and make reservations. Then more often then not they get served at or in the Bar since there is no table available. Which prevents people like my wife and I, who just finished dinner, and just want to go somewhere for a few more drinks.

You have to have a little spontaneity in life. Those folks are just being spontaneous.

Don't confused them with narcissistic selfish *******s

While we were eating there were people trying to get a seat, and pointing to empty tables, without the concept that those table were reserved for people who made reservations, or the Restaurant might be able to sit them, but it would be a wait since the kitchen would be busy with other peoples meals

For dessert we had a honey mousse, that had the consistency of yogurt.

TELL THEM that Zoom Rabbit said, 'Screwing it up is one mistake, which is understandable; SERVING it is two mistakes...which is unforgivable.'

And if you can, watch them make it. If they're mixing pudding and whipped cream together, get out and never go back. :dozey:

R15: Yes, beer fond often. Snob all day.

Archived