Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

first and foremost, Rouge. on the one hand, I'm actually happy you found someone. on the other, I'm jealous you found someone. And I'm even more envious that your someone is interested in star wars to play it with you.

K_K, if you ever played it, ace combat 5 used a theoretical mag lev system to help launch orbital vehicles into space. In theory, a similar system would cost a few billion to make, but would be more fuel efficient. I think they called it the 'space bridge' in that game, but don't take my word on that. Its been years since I played that game. I do remember the acronym they used to describe the orbial vehicles though. the SSTO (single stage to orbit).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

matting89ch. That is a mass driver/Coil gun, Space gun, or startram. One of the 'minor' issues is often you would have to decant the occupants after a launch. Some estimate that a mass driver firing a 10 kilogram projectile at 6000 m/s would cost $47 million.

A space elevator would be my personal choice. The biggest hurdle for that is materials that can support all the weight and stress. Being able to mass produce carbon nanotubes is still in development

Oh.. that reminds me. Even tho my Dad is retired he still is a bit active. He has a friend that bought a patent and is in the process of creating production facilities. THe idea is to use Pressure to extract oils from plant matter. For beer making all you would need to do is add hop oil, instead of steeping the hops. Perfumes would become cheaper to make

took my dog to Petsmart for the first time today. that was a funny thing to see, he was like WTF is this sorcery?! played TOR with my girlfriend, she likes SWG more, probably because she was just getting the controls down, and in SWTOR you have to hold the right mouse button down in order to turn, etc.

As I'm sure you all already know, since you are on the Internet, today is the day Marty McFly arrived in the future in Back to the Future: Part II. No flying cars, no hoverboards, no self-lacing shoes... The actual future sucks. This is heavy :(

In an ironic twist, the Cubs were eliminated from the postseason by the Mets yesterday rather than winning the World Series over Miami (which had not yet had an MLB franchise when the movie was released).

Well, nothing came true from BttF II........

*sigh*

At least the Cubs are setup for success. Another Ace Starting pitcher or two and a few more big time hitters and we can make another run at it.

Hopefully. Owners actually seemed very interested in bringing home a title.

I mean, for a team that was fielding 5 rookies in the line up, we did really well.

Except at the end.

When my dreams were crushed.

btw, what is everybody's style on the keyboard with gaming? mine is as follows:

i use half the keyboard for everything. a=foreward (pinky finger), s=strafe left (ring finger), d=backward, e=jump (middle finger), f=strafe left (index finger) then i have spacebar, q, w, r, t, g, v, c, x, z, and 1-5 for weapons, abilities, etc.

i use half the keyboard for everything. a=foreward (pinky finger), s=strafe left (ring finger), d=backward, e=jump (middle finger), f=strafe left (index finger) then i have spacebar, q, w, r, t, g, v, c, x, z, and 1-5 for weapons, abilities, etc.

I played X-wing and XvT with a keyboard and programmable joystick that set the throttle at 1/3 and full, and control over the targeting computer plus weapons. Everything else on the keyboard had a little cardboard cut-out on the appropriate key that said 'threat display' or 'stop,' whatever. I could dogfight with just the joystick, but if I had to do something tricky, I would have to look for my button on the keyboard.

Feet up on a stool under the table, kicked back with headphones on. Turn out the lights in the room, and it's just like you're in the cockpit. :D

Been back to work the last couple days. I'm not supposed to be using my right arm at all, but the injury only hurts if I try to lift the arm above the shoulder. Down low it's okay, so I can still use a knife and move things around down at counter level. Everything else up high I'm doing with the left...and right now I'm really glad I forced myself to develop the left side back in my kenjutsu days.

As soon as I get home, I pop one of the hydrocodone pills they prescribed me. :dozey: Those things are really good at making the pain go away.

I have my fingers shifted over, playing warframe I need access to shift cntrl and space while moving. FOr Warframe you can do "Bullet jumps" and I need to hit W, L shift, and space all at the same time. (using my pinky, middle, and Thumb)

Thankfully I have big hands.. might have been a good pianist if i didn't hate playing music so much

Standard WASD for movement

Pinky - L shift

Ring - a

Middle - W

Index - d

Thumb - Space (jump)

1-4 are powers. Q Gear, E Quick melee, X - interact

for me, it mostly depends on the game I'm playing. But, I mostly use wasd for moving. q&e for something I need to do quickly. Space for jumping, ctrl for crouching (though space engineers is one exception to this). and 1-5 for weapons.

The only time I tried to differ from this in recent memory was with elite:dangerous. And I put that game aside for now. I always have trouble enjoying flight sim games on pc.

I think you may be in the wrong forum. Or you would be, if we actually talked about the X-Wing games anymore...

They need to make a new X-Wing game.... :/

R9: Standard WASD for movement/strafing. All essential functions are remapped to Q,E,R,F,V,C,X,Z,1,2,3,4, and relevant shift modifiers. T,G,B are used if I need more buttons. Space is jump, Alt is crouch.

Works really well for 99.9% of MMO's too.

It's been a long, long time since I've used a keyboard to game.

Hell... it's been a long time sine I've used a gamepad to game.

I always used arrow keys for movement though, and space and enter for the two most common actions. Made the most sense to me.

Archived