Home

Elder Game Content Question(s)

Gurges-Ahter

Hi Friends!

I've finished class stories through Chapter 3 for 2 different characters (I work at a slow pace in this game, considering I had early access and have been a subscriber since it was released). My two characters are Jedi Guardian and Sith Inquisitor. I also just finished the Revan Expansion with my Guardian and I'm now going back to do the same with my Inquisitor, once I level to 55 and finish the Makeb missions.

My question is this - what else can I do once I'm done with those? I plan on starting a 3rd character, which I'm excited about, but I'd like to continue to play with my current 2 as well. I know there are lots of end-game options, but I would like to know what I can do specifically that is solo (I don't like Operations or any type of group mission, really), and that adds to the story/lore. For example - the Dread Masters missions look very interesting, but I believe those are Operation only (8-16 players), which I have no interest in participating in. Can someone point me to some fun things to do that add to the story/lore, that can be accomplished playing solo?

I found a few guides on the SWTOR forums but it's very hard to discern what can be accomplished solo.

Thanks for any help!

I was very much against The Old Republic because it was a MMO. I didn’t want to do group content. Lynk talked me into giving it a try. I never played a healer in my life in any game, but I leveled a healer as my main since Lynk told me guilds always need a healer. First time I did a flashpoint was a HM flashpoint a few mins after I hit 50 with Lynk, Jeff and Mav. I failed miserably getting us all killed over and over again. We were all undergeaded, me extremely so and I had no clue how to do group content, nor did I really want to learn. I did dailies (then there was just Ilum and Belsavis) on my main while leveling another character. On Ilum I would go into the heroic area and just heal people trying to solo the heroic. After about a month I was geared enough for SM operation, but of course who would want to go into a HM FP or Operation with me if I couldn’t even get us through HM Directive 7. The rest of the guild had hooked up with another group and were already doing HM Operations. Lucky for me Mav hadn’t given up on me and got me to join Casual Alliance. I was worried to death going into a Operation the first time. I didn’t want to talk on Vent. I was worried everyone would think I sucked. Every time someone died I thought it was my fault. I knew nobody in the group. Only reason I was even in a MMO was to play with Mav, Lynk, Jeff and Kus and they were nowhere to be seen. However, I had a great time.

Even though my original intentions were just to play until I have leveled all the class stories and I didn’t want to play group content beyond playing occasionally with people from Lucas Forums, I am still around for no other reason than group content. I’m still not good enough to dps, NIM or even some hard mode content, I am good enough to heal any content I’ve seen in game so far.

As to content you can solo…well at 60 if you are not a total noob. You should be able to solo any 50 HM or below FP. Lost Island may be a little difficult, but is doable. You can do all the daily areas. Ilum and Belsavis have some story to them (if you haven’t already done them, those heroic were soloable even at 50 in high level gear, so you should have any problem there. Section X you can do the regular mission and the area mission. The heroic isn’t possible because you need people to click stuff. At 60 the HK mission that starts in section X should be soloable. I did it on my sawbones at level 50.

Even the tactical 55 missions should be soloable at level 60. I know I solo’ed one at 55 on my sawbones. Just don’t count on the healing nodes. They are not there if you solo.

Really isn't a lot story wise to do after you reach level cap outside of group content. It is a MMO afterall.

If you haven’t tried operations, I would suggest you try them at least once or twice. I would NOT recommend doing a PUG or using Group Finder. I would suggest going with friends or joining a casual guild or alliance. You never know, you may find you like it, like I did.

Oh, by the way…I still think it is my fault when anyone dies.

Thanks for the advice! I'll check out the solo options you mentioned, and maybe give operations another shot. I'll have to join a guild (again), because I don't have any RL friends that play TOR aside from my kids - and we share an account.

While I also have some of the same fears/feelings that you mentioned about group missions, it isn't really even my main gripe about them. I hate being rushed. I like to enjoy the game, it's atmosphere, listen carefully to all of the dialogue, and get lost in the universe. I like to explore. Every group mission I've done has been rushed. I get criticized for not hitting space bar through all of the dialogue and that everyone has to wait on me. I don't even dare to explore - the group I'm with rushes from one enemy to the next - mostly because they don't care about the other stuff like I do, but also because they've probably completed that op or FP 30 times and know exactly where to go and who's coming next. So I avoid them for the most part and try to do everything solo, which I'm mostly satisfied with outside of end-game content.

Something else I just thought of - I haven't really gotten into crafting with my previous two characters. I was interested at first, but when I didn't fully understand it right off the bat, I abandoned it and only used the slicing skill to collect credits while I was soloing my class story.

So for my next alt I definitely want to learn crafting - both because it seems interesting and because I know you can make some money off of it using the GTN. Is it too late to start crafting with my higher level characters?

So for my next alt I definitely want to learn crafting - both because it seems interesting and because I know you can make some money off of it using the GTN. Is it too late to start crafting with my higher level characters?

No....you can either just send companions out on mission or you can actually go to the level appropriate plants to collect matts. Cheaper to go collect matts, but I do the companion thing. Slicing is a good one too. They give the purple matts for augments. Which sell usually sell well. I have one of every crafter, I don't make money off it, I usually make my credits from dailies, but I know people that make a lot of credits from crafting.

What server are you on?

Also yeah the movement got me at first too. Tell people it is your first time. They will usually stop typing spacebar after that. In a ops group at least one will usually wait for you too. I would also suggest 8 man operations at least starting out. 16 man can be very hectic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
we do them, but only on the republic side. I think the guild has done one imp side operation and I have done another in a PUG. Never will PUG another operation.
Yes, true PUG's are a real crap shoot when it comes to ops. Selective PUGging is better if that is an option. The challenge is in knowing who is competent enough to run ops.

I've found even puging with a guild is hit and miss. I have seen LF healer Guild Run. Looked and leader had achievement and decent gear. However, HM TfB when DF and DP were current content still took over 3 hours. Usually however you are safe or at least safer joining a guild run. I only pug on healers, so I usually don't pug at all since I want to keep healers' lockouts open for guild if needed.

• 6 months later...

Archived