Home

Mobile view for the forums

Tall Guy

I there a way to view the forums using a mobile view that I'm currently unaware of?

Would certainly be a welcome addition although I suppose it would mean changes across the entire forums.

I've used apps such as Tapatalk in the past. The admin installs a plugin on the backend of vBulletin or phpBB and then the Tapatalk app can then be used to view the forums in a mobile friendly view.

Not as far as I know.

Installing Crapatalk across the forums is probably the easiest option, but that would involve some of the admins emerging from their slumber and we're probably running a version of vBulletin from the Cretaceous Period anyway.

I wouldn't expect anything in that respect any time soon. The LFN has been all but dormant for years, in that things continue to be kept running but to do any kind of significant work would require endless effort to bring things up to date. The GFN isn't even hosted on it any more, although the forum remains here for the sake of everyone not having to sign up again.

I do like that the GF forums are part of the LFN as it brings some more people in from across the boards and it's nice to be able to jump on to the other boards and see familiar faces. I'd hate to see the place brought down by a lack of updates to the underlying software though :/

Just thinking there might be a new influx of people resulting from the remastered version being released, be nice to make things easier on a mobile device! Here's hoping anyway..

I do not know what kind of board the LFN is build on, but if you have access to the style files, and they are individual for each forum, and if you only design for modern browsers that support CSS3, it shouldn't be that big a deal to make it responsive and thus more user friendly for mobile devices.

I do not know what kind of board the LFN is build on, but if you have access to the style files, and they are individual for each forum, and if you only design for modern browsers that support CSS3, it shouldn't be that big a deal to make it responsive and thus more user friendly for mobile devices.

Built on vBulletin I believe.

Not sure if there's an option to perhaps install a responsive theme and have us select it through our user cp. I have some experience with phpBB where that sort of thing is possible but not so much experience with vBulletin so I don't know...

Sounds like a big job either way as the changes would need to be site wide and there doesn't seem to be anyone active enough to make the upgrades unfortunately :(

Well, I do not have any experience with either phpBB or vBulleting, except that I tried to setup both of them many, many years ago, but it should be possible to change styles on individual forums, if not in external css files, you can change it in a <style>-tag on each page.

If it is not possible to make the user select a responsive theme, and you need any help modifying the current css, just send me a PM. Just started in school again, and lacking something productive to do with all that spare time :-)

Archived