Home

So...what have you all been up to lately?

Darth Avlectus

Looks like a dying subforum here so I'm throwing this out here to any remaining members who come here and actually use this forum... Seriously what are you all up to?

I'm in a transitional point in my life pondering where I'm moving to next. So many things in limbo. People 25+ will probably understand it... People in the permanently 29 club definitely know. :)

How about you?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been tearing it up at work. I'm a cook at a busy fifties style diner, and I've been doing the soups and specials. The soups are creative and yummy tasting (tomato with bacon bisque, fiesta chicken corn chowder and Basque potato soup to name a few.) For dinner specials, I've been doing stuff that's nice but not overly fancy, to fit the fifties theme. Like this one:

image.jpg1_zpsobcsn3xb.jpg

Baked chicken cordon bleu with sautéed mushrooms in a dijon cream sauce. The veggie is grilled Rosemary yellow squash.

Also getting overtime. My boss has been away feeding the wildland firefighters at fire camp (out here in Oregon, where the forests burn) most of the summer, and we've been short-handed trying to find good cooks who aren't douchebags. I'm tired, but the food quality is STILL HIGH, baby! :D The customers just keep rolling in because they expect to eat good...

On my days off, I go out shooting, drink a lot and eat antacid tablets to fight heartburn. :indif:

Archived