Home

Swoop racing problem

otlichna

I'm playing the Mac version of original KotoR and having difficulty with the swoop racing on Tatooine. I think I have the hang of the acceleration and gear shifting, but once my racer reaches a certain speed, the whole screen starts to turn yellow and red, and I can't see the course. This makes it impossible to hit the accelerators or avoid obstacles, and I can't get a decent time. It seems to happen even if I aggressively shift gears, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any tips? Thanks!

OK, I figured it out, will post here just in case some other person has this problem. The issue is a graphics bug caused by running on the crappy Macbook Air card. Most of the the game is fine, but the swoop racing causes this terrible yellow pixel washout so that you can't see the course at high speeds. Turning all graphics setting down to low fixes the problem.

Oddly enough with a zillion runs it is actually possible to beat the first two times even when you can't see the damn course...a Jedi feels the force flowing through him I guess. Third is impossible though.

Archived