Home

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Props

Katarn07

Hello all!

For those that were around in the days I frequented here, you may remember my amazingly huge action figure collection. I've slowly been taking possession of all of that stuff from my parents' house. I only have two shelves in my house dedicated to Star Wars collectibles instead of the whole basement/bedroom I grew up with so I have to be very careful with my planning on what pieces I keep, what I put in storage to pass on to my son, and what I sell off.

The top shelf is completed and features main characters from the original trilogy in 12" form. Rather than just recreating the movie characters for the bottom shelf with the 3.75" figures, I have decided to make a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight shelf. I'll post pictures of the whole display later when I think it's complete but for the time being, I'll tease you with two props that will be featured in the setup:

Custom Built Resin Bryar Blaster Pistol

16477082948_01c7cc560f_z.jpg

Machine Fabricated Aluminum/Brass Lightsaber

16477049388_4a37215869_z.jpg

I already own the lightsaber. Found it on eBay last year. They're pretty scarce. I've seen them for auction as low as $150 and as high as $300. This was the "grail piece" I always dreamed of having as a kid so I couldn't help but pull the trigger on the first one that popped up. I have also seen Yun's saber and the Jedi Outcast version on there. I only have the money and space for one so I picked what I believe to be the most iconic of the three Katarn sabers.

I just recently found that Bryar Pistol for sale. They're offered up as raw resin kits that you have to finish, assemble and paint yourself for $125 or they're offered up as completed, fully assembled, and painted props for $300. They're made to order so even though I ordered it already, I have to wait a couple more weeks to get the raw kit and then I have to assemble and paint it up. You can order one for yourself here.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the whole display when it's finished. In addition to these props, the display will feature 3.75" figures of Kyle and all the enemies he encounters (some of them will be custom made), miniature game pieces, the game jewel cases with cover art inserts, the Dark Horse Illustrated Novellas, and a framed image of Kyle Katarn from the FMV cinematics signed by actor Jason Court.

• 2 months later...
Hello all!

For those that were around in the days I frequented here, you may remember my amazingly huge action figure collection. I've slowly been taking possession of all of that stuff from my parents' house. I only have two shelves in my house dedicated to Star Wars collectibles instead of the whole basement/bedroom I grew up with so I have to be very careful with my planning on what pieces I keep, what I put in storage to pass on to my son, and what I sell off.

The top shelf is completed and features main characters from the original trilogy in 12" form. Rather than just recreating the movie characters for the bottom shelf with the 3.75" figures, I have decided to make a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight shelf. I'll post pictures of the whole display later when I think it's complete but for the time being, I'll tease you with two props that will be featured in the setup:

Custom Built Resin Bryar Blaster Pistol

16477082948_01c7cc560f_z.jpg

Machine Fabricated Aluminum/Brass Lightsaber

16477049388_4a37215869_z.jpg

I already own the lightsaber. Found it on eBay last year. They're pretty scarce. I've seen them for auction as low as $150 and as high as $300. This was the "grail piece" I always dreamed of having as a kid so I couldn't help but pull the trigger on the first one that popped up. I have also seen Yun's saber and the Jedi Outcast version on there. I only have the money and space for one so I picked what I believe to be the most iconic of the three Katarn sabers.

Nice! Not many others on LF are into crafting stuff or props.

Yeah in my user pics I built myself a lightsaber prop awhile back. It uses an Ultrasabers heavy dueling blade shroud, a silver white LED and sink tube mod kit from The Custom Saber Shop. Here:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

picture.php?albumid=523&pictureid=5250

picture.php?albumid=523&pictureid=5254

Originally I did put a long goth spike on the pommel but when doing overhead swings in practice for SacCon I impaled myself a few times bringing the thing down in front of me. So I wanted to get a smaller spike or one at a more obtuse angle so it still looks cool but I don't stab myself again. Haven't though.

I'm amazed what people can make with basic stuff for cosplay. On of these days I'll go to a convention with a custom outfit. I naturally accumulate all kinds of stuff. Like those folks on American Pickers.

Yeah there's a lot of interesting stuff on ebay you can find. Hopefully if my sis gets really into photography she could find a graphlex handle for not a lot of money. Photo studios are onto how popular they are with SW fans so are charging us tens to hundreds of times what it's actually worth. You gotta act not interested in it as a photo hobbyist if you want to try to get it yourself.

I just recently found that Bryar Pistol for sale. They're offered up as raw resin kits that you have to finish, assemble and paint yourself for $125 or they're offered up as completed, fully assembled, and painted props for $300. They're made to order so even though I ordered it already, I have to wait a couple more weeks to get the raw kit and then I have to assemble and paint it up. You can order one for yourself here.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the whole display when it's finished. In addition to these props, the display will feature 3.75" figures of Kyle and all the enemies he encounters (some of them will be custom made), miniature game pieces, the game jewel cases with cover art inserts, the Dark Horse Illustrated Novellas, and a framed image of Kyle Katarn from the FMV cinematics signed by actor Jason Court.

You know something, Legends will always live on in my mind and due in no small part to Jedi Knight games and cuz Kyle Katarn was a badass.

Archived