Home

Just realized it's been a bit over 10 years since I joined this place, shortly after the release of KOTOR 2. Doesn't seem long ago at all that KOTOR Tool was still being updated, TSLPatcher wasn't a thing yet, and the forums were incredibly active. My posting career has been very hit-and-run, popping in then disappearing for a year or two, then popping in again, and it's been interesting to see which names are still around every time I come back, who has disappeared, and what new people have shown up. Less people I remember each time, though from their 'last visited' it looks like some are at least lurking.

With the slow death of LucasArts, these forums haven't been what they once were over the last 3 years or so, but here's hoping Disney does the smart thing, hands out the license to decent devs (hoping DICE Battlefront is a sign of things to come, another Obsidian-developed Star Wars RPG please thank you), and gives us something to talk about again. Then us old folks can sit around telling all the new guys 'back in OUR day, all the Star Wars games came from a hilariously mismanaged company called LucasArts, and by some miracle some managed to be good'.

To celebrate 10 years of off-and-on posting, and to thank people who'd helped me out near the start, I'd planned to finally release the silly (but fun?) KOTOR mod I made as practice years ago (turned the Taris duelling ring into a Monkey Island swordfight-style insult competition), but can't seem to find it in my backups. I'll keep looking though.

Do you like liver? do you like bacon? then come to the Isle of Man:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

All jokes aside, I just clocked my decade over here too a couple months back. Feels weird! I wonder if we're gonna see an influx of new SW fans with the dawn of the new movies though...

Your mod, my old friend, sounds like something Dashus wanted to do as an Easter Egg for the TSLRP.

Heh, right up his alley, I'd say. I get the feeling he always had a quip or two up his sleeve. :)

Congrats on the 10 years, I've almost reached that milestone myself. Here's to another 10 and hopefully some decent Star Wars games to liven up the place!

Hey man, what's up? Yeah I come in though not as often as I used to. I'm up to learning Daz3D nowadays and hoping to improve upon this.

I'm electing to just stay in the past what with the EU and the old republic era. Personally I don't like the new direction with SW and Disney, but I wouldn't care if other folks went along with it. I'll always love about SW what I love now, but since that's reached its dead-end I guess I'll just be here in the retconned EU while I move onto other things in life.

What are you up to my friend?

Archived