Home

Maniac Mansion - One Rainy Day

Blackmonkey

The Monkey Island World is proud to announce the (re)release of

Maniac Mansion - One Rainy Day

Author: bustee (AGS forum)

Debugging&Italian translation: utdefault, Giocherellone, Squall_Leonheart (Monkey Island World)

orainyday-1.png

orainyday-2.png

\ said:
Laverne is alone at home while a storm approaches, and she doesn't want to go out. Can you help her?

This is the autohr's first AGS game. It's rather short, but very fun!

Thanks to the efforts of our translation team, who took care of correcting the bugs found, as well as translating the GUI and the graphics, we present the new version of the game, One Rainy Day 2.0.

\ said:
The graphics are taken to quite some extend from graphics available on Maniac Mansion Mania, I drew some myself, but since it' a first timer, mine are rather simple (although I do like my clouds). SoundFX are taken from sounddogs.com and soundjay.com. I made a music loop from Israel Kamakawio'ole for the starting screen and used the Amiga soundtracks of Simon the Sorcerer for ingame and Lost Patrol for the outro (I agree, it's sort of lame to have so much stuff not done by me, but I wanted to see how everything fits together and next time I'll do it all myself

The translated game can be downloaded here, while at this link you can find the full source code.

Moreover, here is our thread to talk about the translation and ask for help, if needed (don't worry, you don't have to write in italian, english is fine).

Archived