Home

Mod Recommendations For a "Rebooted" Play-Through

So I haven't played KOTOR in quite a few years now, although I used to play it all the time back in the day. I downloaded so many mods for it that they all conflicted with one another and rendered the games unplayable, unless I were to do some tedious cherry-picking (especially in the case of the second game). The task was so daunting that I just never did it, and as a result I haven't played the games in a long time.

I hope to do another run of both games very soon, but starting over from scratch as far as modding is concerned. The mods I know I definitely want to keep are, for the first game: the one that restores the Hutt and Master-Padawan practice duel on Dantooine, the canonical Revan head, and various reskins. For the second game: I definitely want to install the Restoration Mod as well as M478 (haven't played those yet). I'd also like to keep Stoffe's "Handmaiden Choice For Females" mod (though I've heard that someone has made a newer version of that which is compatible with the restoration mods), the influence bug fix, the Exile's canonical face (Meetra Surik), and several reskins.

I had literally hundreds of mods installed before, and now I'm starting from scratch. So, with a relatively bare-bones play-through, retaining the few mods I mentioned, can anyone recommend me any other (non-conflicting) mods for either game? And can any links be provided?

Thanks!

For K1 I would recommend the K1 Restoration mod since it includes the restorations you mentioned and oh so much more:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/495-kotor-1-restoration/

For K2, TSLRCM and M4-78EP without a doubt.

Here's the compatible Handmaiden 4 Females:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/226-handmaiden-4-females-disciple-4-males-for-tslrcm-183/

Influence bug fix will be incompatible with TSLRCM since it fixes that kind of thing anyway.

VP made a canonical Revan for K1 and Meetra Surik head for K2:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/213-vp-modders-source-compilation/

I would also add that I'm working on the 1.0 for K1R (don't hold your breath if you're thinking it'll be in the next two weeks...), but there are some things to look out for in K1R:

1. You now require all party members (just you and Carth) to have Sith Armor to get past the elevator into the Lower City in Taris. Thus, you can get both suits, though in 0.9 it's slightly broken, so I'd advise getting one suit and then entering the Lower City with just the PC (no Carth) and then re-add him.

2. With the restored Vulkar Base, you DO NOT disable the turrets leading into the garage from the computer. EVER. This option is disabled in 1.0, since it glitches the restored content and thus screws over the player. For safety, have several saves before and in the Vulkar Base...

3. There is an error both in an added tournament and in some restored content in the Catacombs on the Unknown World. This is due to improper packaging of files on both counts. The attachment added to this post contains files to be dropped right into the Override folder to solve these issues...

safe_files.7z

Archived