Home

GTA5 for PC

I've played quite a bit of it on PC since getting it a couple of weeks ago. It's a really good game, definitely on the must-buy list for anyone who likes sandbox games as well as anyone who enjoys a good single player experience. Heists are super fun.

I tend to listen to the Mirror Park radio in the game a lot. I recently discovered a google playlist for the same station and have been listening to it in my car. Makes me want to drive fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I watched a chase or two. I hear it's like an improved GTA 4, but from its looks I'm not even sure I could keep up because it moves SO fast.

Tons of neat new features and that.

I find it funny there's an area in Los Santos called Strawberry next to another area called Davis near an area named Rancho. There's a Strawberry in Eldorado county here in northern CA, down the highway is of course Davis the subset town of Sacramento, then a short way off is Rancho Cordova.

I hear Patrick McReary is back as a minor character.

Rocco Pelosi's annoying ass is here to bother you again too.

Hm. As I understand it, GTA 4 started a new canon storyline, the "HD universe", whereas the GTA 3 era games were the "3D universe". So what happened in one does not necessarily hold in the other. Still I do think the change would be something to behold. :)

In 3D universe, all the protagonists survived, save for Vic who was cut down during the Vice City intro. Whereas in the HD universe, they are all dead anonymous folks as evidenced by graffiti on the walls.

Is it true the online allows you to customize your protagonist toon a bit?

I also understand there's a bit of expansion planned. If I had to speculate it's probably the other 2 cities in San Andreas.

I doubt they would do anything of Vice City because it would be compared with its predecessors AND it's just the era of HD is here and now which just wouldn't work for Vice City. If they tried anything, it would have to be something minor. It probably could have glitz and glamor, like BoGT (which was meant to be a semi nod to VC's era) but also run down and grimy.

I think it's time they made other cities.

I haven't touched the online part, if you can believe it. I'm sure it's fun, but to me the appeal of GTA games was always in their single-player mode. Plus, The Witcher 3 came out shortly after I was done with the story mode in GTA5 and it took priority over trying out the multiplayer. :)

Yeah, about the continuity - I'm not a 100% clear on it myself. Rockstar definitely said goodbye to the cast of characters present in GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas, but I don't think it's a reboot, at least not a full one. There are some vague references to past games and, when talking about GTA5 specifically, all the gangs from San Andreas are present, along with locations like Grove Street, it's just that they are not in the spotlight anymore and the story has moved on to different characters and slightly different themes.

And yes, I agree it's high time they made other cities, maybe even move out of the fictional US and into another country.

• 3 weeks later...

Other countries? What, was London 1969 not enough? :)

TBH I'd be interested to see caricatured versions of countries in the Balkans, of Holland, maybe either in China or Russia since I see so many videos of horrible road accidents and road rage on YT.

Perhaps in the South American continent, cities in Chile' or Brazil.

Maybe Argentina as well.

In central America, Mexico seems like it has a lot going on. Cuba, maybe.

In N.A. Canada also has some industrialized areas and a bit of it real similar to American and (I presume) Europe.

Other American cities... Pretty much any state, anywhere there's a big city or two...or three. Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Oklahoma, Ohio, etc.

I heard one protagonists talked about a heist in either "Carsen City", reference to the little ghost town in GTA3 with a bank...or Carson City which I can also see happening as an aside area (similar to Alderney) to either Las Venturas or San Fierro. There isn't much in Northern Nevada so it might well include nearby areas of California.

TBH I'd be interested to see caricatured versions of countries in the Balkans

Being from one of those countries in the Balkans, I'd love to see some of those caricatures myself. And judging by Nico Bellic for GTA4, Rockstar isn't completely against that. ;)

But in general I'd love to see a new place, wherever it is. Or at least a place that wasn't used and/or mentioned too much in previous titles.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, that wasn't bad at all! Cool beans. Like the channel.

Say Sammy, you're an Electrical Engineer, right? You know about Photonicinduction's vids?

Anyhoo, I like what they did there with the video quality. I'll have to check out the game's locations once I get it, since I don't have gta5 yet.

Archived