Home

Mad Max: Fury Road

Yes, I'm making a thread about Mad Max: Fury Road and not Age of Ultron... because Mad Max: Fury Road is clearly the superior movie... and everyone NEEDS to see this movie!

If you haven't seen Mad Max: Fury Road, why haven't you seen Mad Max: Fury Road? You HAVE to see Mad Max: Fury Road!

It's been a VERY long time since I've seen an action movie and have been blown away by it, but this movie... this movie has been a long time coming, a movie that breaks the trend and returns us back to movie-making gold.

Damn, I love this movie... http://www.lynkformer.com/2015/05/22/movie-spotlight-mad-max-fury-road/

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who has seen it and loved it.

Seen it, was not impressed. The visual aspect of the movie is its most interesting trait - I did like the look of those post-apocalyptic barbarians, warboys and their vehicles. For some reason I especially enjoyed that truck with the drummers in the back and the freak with the electric guitar in the front - it really cemented the whole "post-apocalyptic barbarians" image that I had of that whole crew.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much it - even for an action flick, this movie was beyond thin. The characters have almost no development, Max is there only to justify the name of the movie, otherwise any generic side character could have filled his role and the plot never goes beyond that basic premise.

The fact that there are barely any breaks from the action and the chase also gets really tiring by the second half. Sure, they can't really stop the truck and chill out, what with being chased and all, but there should have been a couple more breaks from the action itself to allow the characters and the story to develop some more.

Charlize Theron is excellent (even if she doesn't have much to work with in terms of the script) as she is in pretty much every movie she stars in, so no complaints there.

But yeah, my final impression is that you have to lower your expectations to a minimum and turn off your brain completely in order to have some fun with this movie.

I've heard good things. igyman's above comments consist of the harshest critiques of it I've seen so far (besides those coming from anti-Feminist nutjobs).

But, I've never seen a Mad Max movie before, so that part of it isn't a draw. I don't know what the movie is supposed to be about besides a post-Apocalyptic setting.

But, I've never seen a Mad Max movie before, so that part of it isn't a draw. I don't know what the movie is supposed to be about besides a post-Apocalyptic setting.

Another Mad Max-virgin! I thought I was the only one!

Also, ffs, Lynk, you're going to colonize the whole internet so I won't be able to escape this, will you? For the record, it'll happen, don't worry!

I don't go to the movies anymore, but I'll see it when it comes to Bluray. I'll probably see Star Wars in theaters, but aside from that, I find going to the movies too uncomfortable and I always miss part of the movie because I have to take a bio break...

Only reason I'm posting is to add my little bit of activity to LF, for what it's worth...

Protip: There's hardly any talking in the movie, 0 exposition. If you're watching it expecting to find exposition, you're going to be disappointed. To get the story, to see the character development, you need to NOT look for exposition.

This is why I love this movie, it develops the characters visually and not through talk.

It's the exact OPPOSITE of what you say igyman, you have to turn ON your brain to find what's going on, not switch it off. Because if it's switched off, you'll miss what's going on. You're not going to have Thor fly in at the last second and explain why a thing is significant and tell you why you and the other characters should care.

Protip: There's hardly any talking in the movie, 0 exposition. If you're watching it expecting to find exposition, you're going to be disappointed. To get the story, to see the character development, you need to NOT look for exposition.

This is why I love this movie, it develops the characters visually and not through talk.

It's the exact OPPOSITE of what you say igyman, you have to turn ON your brain to find what's going on, not switch it off. Because if it's switched off, you'll miss what's going on. You're not going to have Thor fly in at the last second and explain why a thing is significant and tell you why you and the other characters should care.

This. And that's why the movie is so awesome. It's been a long long time since I've really enjoyed an action flick, but not only was I pleasantly surprised, I was grinning like an idiot from start to finish. :D

Don't really think I missed anything, to be honest, the basic motivations of Furiosa, the girls she's protecting as well as Joe and the crew pursuing them are pretty clear. Max is caught in the middle, so he goes with the flow in order to get away but then joins them because of the guilt he feels about the people who he cared about dying in (I'm guessing) previous Mad Max installments (it's been a while since I watched any of the previous MMs).

Not sure what hidden details I'm supposed to notice, to be honest.

I don't need a movie to be completely blunt in its exposition - I like it when not everything is explicitly stated and the viewers can reach their own conclusion based on what's shown and/or told, but this movie simply doesn't have that kind of depth - it's a movie about a chase from point A to point B and then back to A, with some basic motivations for each character so the chase would make sense.

Maybe the wording of my comments is harsh, but what I'm trying to say is not that the movie is complete and utter crap and should not be seen by anyone ever. I'm not sorry I went to see it, but my impression is that this movie is a very light form of entertainment, even for action movies and, as entertaining as it may be, it's nowhere near as mind-blowing as its marketing, the critics and some fans are making it out to be.

I fear that this movie would suffer from being overhyped. I might see this when it comes to Blu-ray, but overall the barbarian borderlands-y type stuff doesn't appeal to me. It just seems like madness for the sake of madness, and that's not very encapturing to me.

Archived