Home

Revan's Canonical Voice

Sir Vougalot

Since my Yuthura Ban request doesn't seem to be getting any attention, I figured I would post this thread with the hopes that the idea could at least be discussed, though if someone were to take take on the project that would be swell.

You know how the player character has little voiced lines like "Yes?" "Uh-huh," "What?" "Got it," "Didn't work," and so forth? Well, I'm sure it is possible to replace these voice clips with other clips. What I wonder, however, is if the new clips could come straight from The Old Republic, from Revan's speech. I don't expect those exact lines to be found in the game, but would it be possible to find general one-line affirmations for all of the "Yes?" and "Uh-huh" lines, a determined one to replace "Got it," and a negative line to replace "Didn't work"? Basically similar lines as spoken by Revan's canonical voice actor in TOR.

Could it be done? Both games are from BioWare, so I would imagine porting would not be a legal issue. Really, the lines could even be pulled from YouTube videos, without even needing to open the game itself.

I'm pretty sure it's possible. The only thing you'd have to do is find the right files to replace and record all the lines from TOR (without any background music or sounds) and use those. That would probably require you to replay quite a bit of TOR to find everything you need but it's certainly possible.

And I don't know about the legal stuff, it could still be considered illegal since you're taking stuff from a game that not everyone who'd use the mod owns. But I'm everything but an expert in that regard, so I don't know.

But I don't see the problem if it's from the same company. Porting from KOTOR to TSL and vise-versa is one thing, because they were developed by different companies; but both KOTOR and TOR are BioWare games.

Good point about the background noises and music, Kexikus. I hadn't considered that. Well, I can imagine it might be possible for someone to pull the clips from YouTube videos and isolate the different sounds, if someone possesses that level of skill. DJs do that sort of thing all the time.

Archived