Home

KoToR 3

So I've recently gotten back into the first KoToR game I've noticed a lot of want from the community for a succesor and while I don't own any rights to KoToR I was thinking of geting a team to together to create a spiritual successor to the second game. I was wondering how much support this would get so leave a comment on what you guys think.

FYI

I am a Computer Science major in college with a love for all things video games and especially star wars. I am currently co-founding a company but this venture may be a solo love of labor kind of thing because my company will be trying to alternate between games of choice and money makers to keep our small indie team fed. Any help if this does raise support would be greatly appreciated.

do you have any experience 3d modelling? programing either your own engine, or inside another engine?

How far are you in your degree track?

yes I've messed with blender quite a bit, but my hope is to find a dedicated artist to create models and artwork

I have extensive experence with unity in casual and professional environments (im no expert but I'm a quick learner too)

I have taken a intro, python and C class I start javascript and c++ next semester I already am familiar with java and C#

any other questions? :thmbup1:

thats all my questions answered.

I did try poking around blender a bit myself, I could never give the models a 3rd dimension.

Every time I tried to find a youtube video on how to get that 3rd dimension going they would always have the pannel they needed was already open. I could never find that panel

and I despise programming with a passion. Not programmers mind you, but the act of programming.

That said, I do hope there are those of us who know a thing or two around here. We might get our butts sued off, but I'd be willing to risk it.

thats all my questions answered.

I did try poking around blender a bit myself, I could never give the models a 3rd dimension.

Every time I tried to find a youtube video on how to get that 3rd dimension going they would always have the pannel they needed was already open. I could never find that panel

and I despise programming with a passion. Not programmers mind you, but the act of programming.

That said, I do hope there are those of us who know a thing or two around here. We might get our butts sued off, but I'd be willing to risk it.

Lol if you wanted I could make a simple tutorial on forcing the panel to open (and make sure you have the newest version)

lol its not for everyone and I'm gonna try to find a way to liscence it through lucas or disney so that it's legal worse case scenaro we never label it as a star wars game and hope for the best

Lol if you wanted I could make a simple tutorial on forcing the panel to open (and make sure you have the newest version)

lol its not for everyone and I'm gonna try to find a way to liscence it through lucas or disney so that it's legal worse case scenaro we never label it as a star wars game and hope for the best

yeah but legalising it doesnt make sense because people have already created The following fan made kotor 3s

Revenge of revan and k3 jedi masters

That tutorial would probably help more then me. So I would say go for it.

We might want to consider a different direction for this spiritual successor to KotOR. Instead of putting it in the old republic, it might be more interesting to put it in the new republic. See/show where the new jedi order goes after all the books and movies.

I won't lie though, I've been listening to the audible version of the thrawn trilogy. So that's coloring my judgement.

well what would everyone want more? and the only worry I have about making the game is disney basically clamped down on the game devs who can liscense lol

how about you actually conclude the kotor trilogy.

so explain where revan was and what he found in the unknown regions.i think you should make k3 about revans search for the truth after being plauged by memmories of his past.you should include his confrontation with the emporOr and include lord scourge

how about you actually conclude the kotor trilogy.

so explain where revan was and what he found in the unknown regions.i think you should make k3 about revans search for the truth after being plauged by memmories of his past.you should include his confrontation with the emporOr and include lord scourge

yeah it could tie into 2 with him hearing about the events that happen i'd be cool with that

Pretty sure you don't have the rights or anything like that to make Kotor 3. A mod a while ago asked Obsidian if they could name it Kotor 3, and they said that they couldn't. And I'm pretty dang sure Kotor 3 is going to be made by BioWare or Obsidian so.

I would hope your right about that.

And didn't the revan book pretty much answer what happened to revan and the exile?

it left me pretty un-satisfied, but the conclusion is there.

The book aint canon nor are the games until a reboot of kotor happeNs

the star wars story guy said that biowares Star wars TOR isnt canon.He mentioned it at anahiem.But that means Revan doesnt exsist in the canon

The book aint canon nor are the games until a reboot of kotor happeNs

the star wars story guy said that biowares Star wars TOR isnt canon.He mentioned it at anahiem.But that means Revan doesnt exsist in the canon

The thing is that neither bioware nor obsidean are ever gonna make star wars games again disney bought all the rights when they purchased lucas arts and fired everyone cancelling all the projects and only have liscened EA as far as ive heard. so anything i made would probably be free and honestly I only care for staying cannon enough to not contridict anything cannon or EU Its a big universe with plenty of worlds and stories being cannon comes second to fun and story driven gameplay in my mind

Then may i recomend this.Since you want to explore the star wars universe.

why dont you explore the story of darth Nihilus.Ok yeah he was created via the Mass Generator and became a wound in the force but why not really give him a backstory which you can weave into The existing canon and therefore expand on the main face of kotor 2

Then may i recomend this.Since you want to explore the star wars universe.

why dont you explore the story of darth Nihilus.Ok yeah he was created via the Mass Generator and became a wound in the force but why not really give him a backstory which you can weave into The existing canon and therefore expand on the main face of kotor 2

not a bad idea but i'll have to do a little research, is he in any books? or just kotor 2?

not a bad idea but i'll have to do a little research, is he in any books? or just kotor 2?

He is only in kotor 2 and that is the amazing thing since you can make his orgin story But id recomend ending darth nihiluses story here:

When He becomes a wound in the force due mass shadow generator which is on Malachor V i think.

If you made him the central protag for your kotor 3 then you could end it just before kotor 2.

Yes that makes sense why dont you explain what happens between kotor 1 and 2 since by the beginning of kotor 2 the jedi are almost but extinct yet by the end of kotor1 they arent extinct

we would have to introduce a main character that dies right at the end though.

Lets face it, anyone who played K2 knows whats coming.

so? It doesnt matter what does is the closure we got with darth nihilus.i think he needed to be exPlored alot more

Hi new poster here, decided to join because of this thread.

So Revan's storyline was finished in the Book but I'm sure most people did not really find that to be very satisfying as the Exile and T3 were just killed off like that and it was very anti-climatic in comparison to what Kotor 2 was hinting at. Instead of telling a story from a different period of time would it be possible just to re-write what happens and give a more finished conclusion to what happened? The story wouldn't be canon with the MMO but just would give an additional way of ending it. Anyway here's what I came up with:

At the end of Kotor II, considering the light side ending, The Exile destroyed Malachor with the Mass Shadow Generator and flew off to find Revan. However she wanted her companions to form The New Jedi as nearly all of the members were extinct. So The Disciple/The Handmaiden would be the head of the new Jedi Council and then Visas and Mira would train force-sensitives to be Jedi, and as Bastila was also a survivor she would help establish the order as well. (Maybe Juhani too)

This game could have the protagonist be a Jedi training in the New Order (possibly Bastilla/Revan's child?) and be alerted to a series of attacks on the Republic which no one could explain. The Disciple/Handmaiden (different one would appear depending whether you decided the Exile was Male/Female) would think that this could be the true sith that was hinted at during KOTOR 2 and is what The Exile and Revan went off to find, and as you are a promising student (being the son of Bastila and Revan would make you so) you would be sent off to investigate these things and try and find where the Exile went.

Along the way you would meet HK47 and T3 as they are pretty much the companions which have to return (maybe Mandalore/Canderous too, who has assembled a pretty big Mandalorian army by this point), and you would then find The Exile who would know where Revan is and then you would go off to fight the Sith.

I'm not sure how it would all get to that point but you would have to go through a number of planets to get there and maybe the Sith World of Dromund Kaas would be one of them, and maybe Revan would have been captured or something so you would free him/her then alert the Republic, and then you, The Exile and Revan would destroy the Sith's leader as the final battle.

Anyway tell me your thoughts :)

Edit: On the subject of Nhilus, I always thought that his past didn't really matter, that he was just created for the same reason The Exile was created, except that Nhilus wasn't able to deafen himself to the Force where as the Exile did. Sion however could have a very large back story, on the Wikia it says he was in Exar Kun's war as well as The Jedi Civil War, so he would have been around for a very long time so it would be interesting to see his back story.

Archived