Home

KoToR 3

Something I'd like to see, is the ability to choose the gender of revan and the exile. Even better if the choice could be in the game as just natural conversation.

Also, choosing romance options from the games would be good to see as well.

Something I'd like to see, is the ability to choose the gender of revan and the exile. Even better if the choice could be in the game as just natural conversation.

Also, choosing romance options from the games would be good to see as well.

how do you mean? like selecting i want this character to fall for this character or...?

The thing is that neither bioware nor obsidean are ever gonna make star wars games again disney bought all the rights when they purchased lucas arts and fired everyone cancelling all the projects and only have liscened EA as far as ive heard. so anything i made would probably be free and honestly I only care for staying cannon enough to not contridict anything cannon or EU Its a big universe with plenty of worlds and stories being cannon comes second to fun and story driven gameplay in my mind

The bolded part is only half-true. Disney has only licensed EA, this is true. But BioWare, as a division of EA, could be assigned by EA to develop the game. Just the same as EA itself isn't developing (i.e. creating) the new Battlefront game. -- One of their subsidiaries, EA DICE (formerly "DICE") is. EA is the publisher.

Obsidian is more or less irrelevant because they were contracted by LucasArts for KotOR II at the recommendation of BioWare, who at the time was working on Jade Empire and turning their focus to their own IPs such as Mass Effect

how do you mean? like selecting i want this character to fall for this character or...?

Yes, but also if Revan and the exile were male or female.

I imagine most of those who played 2 will choose male, but there are some who preferred playing the exile as female.

Then also choosing who the character fell for, if anyone. Did the female revan fall for carth or canderous? Did the male exile fall for brianna? Or did they both remain aloof? That sort of thing.

Also, the only thing that matters is who owns the KotOR IP, and if they would let us amateurs make the game. I think we've all accepted by now, that's the only way it will get made.

Also, something to consider. If we make this game 3d, it may look like crap. Everyones first game is one they look back up and cringe at (according to extra credits at least). 2d might be the better way to go for a first game.

Or space marine could start working on a couple of very simple games to get him/her-self warmed up and familiar with game design. all the while planning out how he/she wants the story to flesh out.

Yes, but also if Revan and the exile were male or female.

I imagine most of those who played 2 will choose male, but there are some who preferred playing the exile as female.

Then also choosing who the character fell for, if anyone. Did the female revan fall for carth or canderous? Did the male exile fall for brianna? Or did they both remain aloof? That sort of thing.

Also, the only thing that matters is who owns the KotOR IP, and if they would let us amateurs make the game. I think we've all accepted by now, that's the only way it will get made.

Also, something to consider. If we make this game 3d, it may look like crap. Everyones first game is one they look back up and cringe at (according to extra credits at least). 2d might be the better way to go for a first game.

Or space marine could start working on a couple of very simple games to get him/her-self warmed up and familiar with game design. all the while planning out how he/she wants the story to flesh out.

intresting to say the least and lol 2d won't really help with designing a 3d game because the mecanics of the two are so different and I actually am working on a 2d game with my company i helped co-found this i am currently doing independantly but may bring up at our next meeting I am not worried about the design of the levels in that i know i can do it the only thing i am worried about is the art work lol but we have two dedicated artist working at the company

btw just curious if we ask the IP and they gave us permission would that mean we could sell the game legitimately like on steam? (not that we would ask for much if anything)

The bolded part is only half-true. Disney has only licensed EA, this is true. But BioWare, as a division of EA, could be assigned by EA to develop the game. Just the same as EA itself isn't developing (i.e. creating) the new Battlefront game. -- One of their subsidiaries, EA DICE (formerly "DICE") is. EA is the publisher.

Obsidian is more or less irrelevant because they were contracted by LucasArts for KotOR II at the recommendation of BioWare, who at the time was working on Jade Empire and turning their focus to their own IPs such as Mass Effect

ah ok

Archived