Home

Transferring planet ownership?

jpmoney

Hey guys, is there anything special needed if you want to transfer ownership of a planet in Galactic Conflict from Rebels to Empire and vice versa? I'm modding the Galactic Conflict campaign in Campaigns_singleplayer.xml. I'm trying to swap Bonadan to the Rebels for Korriban, Alzoc III, Aeten II, and Tatooine going to the Empire. I simply took the "Starting Forces" sections in the XML and put Imperials in the place of Rebels for the planets I'm trying to transfer to the Empire and vice versa for the planet I'm trying to move to the Rebels (making sure to have legit Imperial units in place of the Rebel units and vice versa).

I must be doing something wrong, because the game won't start. I did add a large number of garrisoning forces throughout all planets as part of the mod, so not exactly sure what is causing the issue. But after doing some experimenting with adding garrisons and fleets in isolation, I'm guessing it has to do with transferring ownership. Any thoughts welcome.

(PS is it a problem if a faction starts out over the unit cap dictated by available resources? As part of this mod I gave the Empire a ton of Star Destroyers to try to make it more realistic and also beefed up the Rebel fleet too, so there may be more units than cap for both sides. I don't think that should be an issue though.)

I believe you're editing the wrong XML. That handles the single player campaign. Try editing Campaigns_Singleplayer_GC.XML or something along those lines.

I'm pretty sure the single player campaign is campaigns_main.xml. Campaigns_singleplayer.xml has all of the sandbox campaigns in it, including Galactic Conflict.

Besides, if I just add units to the Empire or Rebels the mod works. For example I can add starfighter squadrons and ships to a Rebel planet and they appear when I start a new campaign. That's what makes me think it may have something to do with transferring planets.

I believe you're editing the wrong XML. That handles the single player campaign. Try editing Campaigns_Singleplayer_GC.XML or something along those lines.

Oops, never mind. I figured it out. I had one piece of syntax wrong. I got it to start now. By the way, you CAN add units going way over the maximum capacity threshold.

Archived