Home

unit not destroyed during battle, but gone afterwards

jpmoney

There must be some setting or algorithm that determines whether or not you lose a unit on the galactic map after a battle. I will go through a battle and maybe sustain 50% casualties for a specific unit (half its soldiers or vehicles killed). In the post-battle summary screen, it will tell me I didn't lose any units. But on the galactic map, it's clear that I no longer have some units.

Is there a way to modify this? How does the game determine whether or not you actually lose access to a unit that sustained heavy casualties?

Thanks!

Did this happen during land or space combat?

I'm noticing it during land combat. Don't know for sure on space--it may happen with fighter squadrons but I haven't typically counted the number of ships left at the close of a battle to see how many I lost. It's easier to see that with land combat.

There is a thing that when you retreat during a land battle, your units have to be in range of a landing zone in order to survive. Could that be what is happening?

No that's not it, as I'm invariably winning the battles when I notice this. It's a scenario like this: a tank unit may have five tanks in it. Two of them will get destroyed completely, two others damaged, by the time the battle ends. The battle review screen afterwards says I lost 0 units. But on the galactic map, my tank unit is gone. Almost like the casualties it took get it counted as a loss.

I believe, if you lost 50% of the units total hp/shields (It's effective hp), it will consider the unit destroyed. It may sometimes not show up.

Interesting. I wonder how it's doing this for squad units. For example, an infantry squad. 50% loss of the elements in a squad? Know of a way to change the threshold so you don't lose whole units as often?

Whenever I get the motivation to return to modding, I'll look into it. I just really don't feel like it right now. However, I'd like in the base games(Not Forces Of Corruption), XML files. Maybe the GameConstants.XML or something.

Archived