Home

Knights of the Fallen Empire

Alexrd

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

In this prequel trailer to the Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire digital expansion, we introduce you to the tragic destiny of twin heirs caught in a web of evil and manipulation spun for them by the darkest and most powerful Emperor yet to threaten the galaxy. Conquest comes at a price, only accessible for those willing to sacrifice... everything.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, Rogue. I tried out the new streamlined leveling system last night (shortly after The Harbinger crashed for the second time this week), and I must say, I'm extremely impressed. Level sync is cool as well; hopefully it will facilitate earning more XP by enabling high-leveled players to return to lower-leveled planets to do quests again.

EDIT: Oh, and the new leveling system does away with the nerf on Kuat Drive Yards. I went from level 46 all the way to level 47 doing it last night.

Holy ****.

Just re-subscribed to tryout the new expansion, and let me tell ya my expectations were exceeded. Even if I spent so much time buying items for my companions via the AH, It's such a relief not having to worry about all that jazz anymore - plus I finally have some use for all the orange items I have with no stats on them. I also found my main tank on my Agent to be more efficient, she (Kaliyo) used to really suck. Maybe It's just laziness, but I'm liking the streamlined design of everything right now. It feels like they really wanted to improve the game.

I've pretty much moved to the EU servers though which is a bit of a shame... leaving my main Commando behind on the US side, but I just started a level 60 Vanguard on DPS spec which I'm loving at the moment. Not sure which class I'm gonna tryout next, always wanted a high level Jedi Guardian too.

Anyone else tried it out?

I just tried out KotFE for the first time last night, and my expectations were blown out of the water. The storytelling is a throwback to KotOR, the experience is almost cinematic in feel, and the combat and leveling are streamlined to the point that I was able to enjoy the story for the first time rather than worrying about whether or not I was going to survive the next fight or be sent all the way back across the map to a medcenter. Finished three chapters in one night and plan to finish the rest this weekend. I was highly impressed. Leveling up in TOR felt nearly impossible after hitting level 20 or so. Now, though, EA's made a smart move for once in streamlining the process so that the game's not ultimately about leveling anymore (or at least that's not its primary focus). I had my doubts about TOR a few months ago, but I think it's truly turning around for the best now.

Archived