Home

Weapons Museum

What is your favorite weapon (real or fantasy)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite weapon (real or fantasy)

• Lightsaber
    • Samurai sword
    • Handgun
    • Phaser
    • Rapier or smallsword
    • Baseball bat
    • Shotgun
    • Beer bottle
    • Broken beer bottle
    • Dagger
    • Rifle
    • Elf sword
    • Blaster
    • Claw hammer
    • Pliers
    • Halo covenant sword
    • Machine gun
    • Bow and arrow
    • Fluffy stick
    • Other (explain)

*(Bows.)*

My fellow Jedi, please join me in cataloging for posterity the tools of our profession. Both real and fantasy, let us post photographs of our cool looking sharp and scary stuff. Also, please participate in the poll so we may vote on what weapon the modern Jedi warrior prefers to deal with life's misadventures.

I'll start with two examples from my extensive weapons collection, one fantasy and one real. :D

First, a classic: the lightsaber.

image.jpg1_zpsei4xqfou.jpg

This one was a toy lightsaber with a late 90's flashlight blade that I took apart, balanced on the inside with lead fishing weights then repainted and reassembled...

Next, a good example of another classic: the samurai sword.

image.jpg1_zpsbxsuin7l.jpg

This is a modern sword, the commercially produced Orchid katana by Paul Chen. The steel is folded like the authentic antique swords, as seen in this close-up:

image.jpg2_zpsdttqdwsm.jpg

So, who's packing what? :max:

So far in the poll, 'Fluffy stick' is winning the race...although it is too early to call a front runner.

image.jpg1_zpsirfuu7qp.jpg

This is mine, named 'Big Bird.' I use it to chase the cats out from under the table when they're in trouble.

Note: You guys don't have to post photos; idle commentary works, too. :max:

Well, a wakizashi is just a shorter form of samurai sword, so I didn't give it a separate entry. However, it is my own personal favorite.

image.jpg1_zpszzzi32s4.jpg

This one is an antique blade in modern mountings. The handle of this sword is seen in my avatar picture. ;)

Well, a wakizashi is just a shorter form of samurai sword, so I didn't give it a separate entry. However, it is my own personal favorite.

I just asked because samurai used to carry both, a long and a short one.

Speaking of swords, here's a bit of trivia: Christopher Lee (Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus) was a direct descendant of Charlemagne. This is the sabre of Charlemagne:

SH2288.jpg

Note the handle.

Have a Lee-Enfield and its bayonet stored away somewhere, and quite like it. I have always been partial to war scythes, though. Don't ask why; I guess I like the simplicity of turning the blade upright. :p

Did someone say sexy handguns? :)

image.jpg1_zps0osg1idl.jpg

this P08 Parabellum (commonly called a Luger after its inventor) is actually two guns cobbled together, one from WW1 and the other from WW2, re-blued and ready to roll. Modern magazine and modern replica hand grips bring this model A Ford of semi-automatic handguns into the 21st century, where it shoots all day long. Really swell gun.

Pho3nix, I am befuddled trying to identify your rifle. I can tell it's WW2 era or maybe 1950's and a semi-automatic, but after that I'm lost. What is it?

Cool looking bang-bang. :D

Have a Lee-Enfield and its bayonet stored away somewhere, and quite like it. I have always been partial to war scythes, though. Don't ask why; I guess I like the simplicity of turning the blade upright. :p

Is your bayonet a model 1917, like this one?

image.jpg1_zpst2huuilo.jpg

I love sword bayonets, all by themselves. :D When I was a child, my dad would let me play with one in the yard...and when I was old enough to start collecting, the first one I got was a model 1917 that I eventually broke by screwing around with it. This one I picked up just a year ago, because I missed having one.

For me, Its always a toss up on what is needed in the moment. So I choose other.

hand to hand, give me a blade or lightsaber. Short range, give me a pistol/blaster/phaser. Longer range give me a rifle. And extreme range, give me a sniper rifle.

I can never simply say one weapon all day long. I'll have to take a picture of my decorative katana when I get home. Hate to be left out of the image show offs.

Is your bayonet a model 1917, like this one?

I believe so. I haven't bothered to rummage through and find it, but I'm almost certain it looks just like that. The particular model of Lee-Enfield that I own is a Mk. III; I think it was the type used in WWI.

The Luger is a classic for sure.

Pho3nix, I am befuddled trying to identify your rifle. I can tell it's WW2 era or maybe 1950's and a semi-automatic, but after that I'm lost. What is it?

It is the M1 Garand! I like It's predecessor as well, the M14.

From the Holocron Armory, the Gil Hibben Double Shadow Dagger . . .

Double%20Shadow_zpsqan7gm05.png

• Mirror polished 420 stainless steel blade split into two sections
  • Gil's personal stamp etched on the blade (stamp on reverse of blade shown above)
  • Silver wire-wrapped hilt
  • Genuine leather sheath
  • 5 1/2" blade length
  • 11 1/4" overall length

For me, Its always a toss up on what is needed in the moment. So I choose other.

hand to hand, give me a blade or lightsaber. Short range, give me a pistol/blaster/phaser. Longer range give me a rifle. And extreme range, give me a sniper rifle.

I can never simply say one weapon all day long. I'll have to take a picture of my decorative katana when I get home. Hate to be left out of the image show offs.

I see the wisdom of your point...but I can chuck a beer bottle pretty far. ;)

Ping, my bayonet and yours are undoubtedly both the same model. There were a couple of unusual bayonets available for the mark III, I believe, but they are rare. My boss has a mark V, and to get a bayonet to fit it, he had to get a replica online. If your bayonet and rifle were issued together, it makes them much more valuable.

Pho3nix, I really should have recognized that. I blame the wonderful micro-brew beer they have out here in Oregon.

My rifle, a 1950's Savage model 340 chambered for 30-30 winchester:

image.jpg2_zpspufw4u9c.jpg

And here's me shooting it. :D Both eye and ear protection in use--safety first.

image.jpg1_zps8zuwdzwv.jpg

From the Holocron Armory, the Gil Hibben Double Shadow Dagger . . .

Double%20Shadow_zpsqan7gm05.png

• Mirror polished 420 stainless steel blade split into two sections
  • Gil's personal stamp etched on the blade (stamp on reverse of blade shown above)
  • Silver wire-wrapped hilt
  • Genuine leather sheath
  • 5 1/2" blade length
  • 11 1/4" overall length

Say, is that a Klingon blade...? :)

Say, is that a Klingon blade...? :)

No but it was (in various forms) in these productions:

Since this was the follow up to the Silver Shadow, United owner/partner David Hall suggested we call it the Double Shadow, since it had a split blade. It went on to become one of the most successful knives in the line. I also designed a wire wrapped, all black version, which was made a year or so later, and after that we made a gold plated limited edition. I think this was the first time I started using the phrase “fantasy knife” to describe this type of product and in our marketing materials. Several people have told me that I was the one who came up with that term, but I actually think it was in used in print long before that to describe knife maker Bill Cronk's custom knife creations. The Double Shadow has appeared in more movies and television shows than any other UC knife. Here’s a short list of its appearances: Babylon 5, Crusade, Space Rangers, White Dwarf, Gladiator (not the Ridley Scott one), Hideaway, Timecop, and The Fifth Element. It also made an appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis thanks to Gil sending his contact at Paramount a few samples. In 2012 Gil made a new version of the Double Shadow for the Sylvester Stallone film Expendables II.

Well, that is a classy blade, then. I have a Hibben knife, but it's a really cheap one. Some of Hibben's stuff can fetch a fat bill or several...

Here is one of my favorite weapons from the future: the type 2 phaser.

image.jpg1_zps3ryn7tka.jpg

This replica was made by Diamond Collectibles, and is quite good on the details. The trigger is just a button, like on the classic series, and the emitter isn't just a flashlight lens. :dozey: The dials are detailed. It makes sounds and the emitter lights up red, the intensity of which is adjusted by the setting dial. It stuns, but only by wow factor...

image.jpg1_zps5zixvyx8.jpg

And of course the type 1 phaser unit is removable for discreet carry. :max: Surprise, Klingons!

Archived