Home

Question Regarding Textures

Sir Vougalot

So I have been looking at Xarwarz's HD retextures for both games, and I noticed that the majority of them tend to be upside-down. Is there a reason for this? Do they need to be put into the Override folder upside-down? When I used KOTOR Tool to extract and look at the original textures they were rightside-up.

I can easily flip them and have been doing so. I just wonder why they're all inverted and what purpose it serves.

Thanks.

Reprocessing (save as tga without compression) the textures using GIMP2.6 or a newer version of photoshop worked for me. I was using GIMP1.2 to process textures on Windows 8 and they showed up up-side down in TSL. I thought it had something to do with texture compression.

So just so we're clear: all of the files I downloaded from Xarwarz are TGA files on my PC. None of them are in DDS format. Do they still need to be inverted when dropped into the Override folder?

By the way, I am playing the disk versions of these games, not the Steam versions.

[Edit] I am reading all over the Internet that the textures need not be flipped once they are converted from DDS to TGA. But the files have always appeared on my PC as TGAs, upside-down. They've been TGAs since day one and and never been DDSs, therefore I've never had to convert anything. They do, however, still appear inverted. I'm a little confused as to what to do in such a case. They were in TGA format from the beginning which, if I understand correctly, do not need to go into the Override folder upside-down. Is that correct?

Not to be annoying, but if someone could please hurry up and answer, it'd be much appreciated. The TGA files are sitting in my Override folder rightside-up (after I flipped them) and ready to go. I am otherwise ready to start the game and am just waiting on an answer to this question.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived