Home

Tales from the Borderlands

Samuel Dravis

I'm a fan of the Borderlands games, and while I haven't gone all-out on any of them, 100%ing everything, I have enjoyed the aesthetic and the "ooh, piece of candy" feel to getting new guns and upgrades. And playing MP with my friends was a real plus.

I'm also a huge fan of the old LA adventure games-- Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango-- even Loom and The Dig. I love storytelling to a fault. Also I love Telltale.

Tales from the Borderlands is now on its third episode out of five. I recently bought it because of the Steam summer sale, but you can still get it there for a little more.

Tales from the Borderlands is absolutely great. The gameplay is very different from its originating series (as you might expect for an adventure/story game based off a shooter), but the story-- and more importantly the characterizations- are spot on.

There were many parts where I laughed out loud due to the ridiculous situations you came across and the subversion of series tropes that happened when someone actually decided to say in words, "that doesn't make any sense at all." And it is hilarious. Recommended.

I only played the first Tales episode so far, so I could see if it's any good and yes, it was hi-friggin'-larious - immediately went on my Steam wishlist. However, I'm waiting for all five episodes to be released until I get it - I want to be able play the whole thing at once.

I agree that Tales really managed to capture the hilarity of the universe even with the shift from an FPS to an interactive movie and I'm really looking forward to playing it in its entirety one day.

I'm really enjoying Tales From the Borderlands... I'm also enjoying Life Is Strange. Both of these episodic games are really doing it for me right now.
I picked up Life Is Strange because you mentioned it here and it really is great as well. Finished episode one today. Adventure games are definitely coming back in style.

Archived