Home

RIP Kotorfiles

Canderis

• 2 weeks later...

Far out. Bad timing? World's on the verge of an SW game bonanza; could have revitalized interest in the oldies. It appears Disney/LucasArts thinks so - why else would they have commissioned Aspyr to update K2?

More importantly, how am I going to efficiently find mods for my ~tri-decadely playthroughs of the KotOR's? :hor:

We should all back up the entire kotorfiles catalogue to our PC's and seed them via torrents forever. ;_;

We should all back up the entire kotorfiles catalogue to our PC's and seed them via torrents forever. ;_;

I don't know that I have the space for the entire catalog, but I'm game to seed some of the catalog

No gentlemen. We're not going to be doing that. Although it is tragic that KotOR Files is no more, we still don't tolerate uploading mods without the express permission of the author.

Why not just back up the archive and seek out the mod authors? The ones who give permission or say are free to use we could just upload to deadlystream.

No problem in backing up the archives, it's the permission that's the problem. And the staff over at DeadlyStream is working on securing permissions with some degree of success from different authors.

Sad to hear that! Like many I used to love browsing the mods there.

And the staff over at DeadlyStream is working on securing permissions with some degree of success from different authors.

I only flirted with modding for a brief period, but if my 'Jedi General robes' ever resurface, please let them know they have my permission to upload them. :)

No problem in backing up the archives, it's the permission that's the problem. And the staff over at DeadlyStream is working on securing permissions with some degree of success from different authors.

I do believe he meant backing them up locally, on someone's machine, then uploading ones he could acquire permissions for.

I understand the re-uploading concerns, but if it all were done at one central place by reliable people that would credit the original authors properly, that should be a much better alternative to simply having all the mods - those that are *not* also on DS or Nexus or another site - gone forever.

I'm staff at DeadlyStream and I will let them know. Those robes were quite excellent.

That includes my mods. All of them are welcomed to be uploaded at DeadlyStream or other modding sites. If anyone has them all, they're welcome to upload them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone secured contact with the author of the improved high-res Nar Shaddaa skybox off of kotorfiles? I am trying to get permission to upload to DeadlyStream/Steam Workshop but I haven't made any progress and that one was a staple, I have it but I won't release it without permission.

Archived