Home

Build That Character #4: Kyle Katarn

Yes, Kyle Katarn that's right. He is perhaps the single most popular Star Wars character in the expanded universe. And he is awesome beyond belief. He's like the Jedi version of Chuck Norris, only better... Katarn comes off as a mixture of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker into one guy. Not to mention, he had an awesome beard. Enjoy.

Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn was a famous Human male Rebel operative and later a Jedi of the New Jedi Order. He was a former Imperial Stormtrooper who defected to the Rebellion. Often paired with fellow Rebel agent and smuggler Jan Ors, he performed many missions for the Rebel Alliance and later the New Republic. Kyle was a master of the fifth Lightsaber Form Djem So, and utilized dark powers of the force such as, Force Lightning and Force Grip. He was a master of both forces light and dark powers. Scoundrel 8/Guardian 12

STR 14

DEX 13

CON 12

INT 12

WIS 13

CHA 14

All points should be distributed between Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom.

~Feats~

Sneak Attack

Dueling 3

Toughness 2

Conditioning 2

Master Critical Strike 3

Master Jedi Defense 2

Lightsaber Specialization 3

~Powers~

Dominate Mind

Force Lightning

Force Choke

Force Push

Force Valor

Force Immunity

The blue-bladed lightsaber was Kyle's first official lightsaber, as his previous two belonged to other individuals. (Green Saber, Yellow Saber).

This is an extremely fun build. The Force Jump/Sneak Attack combination is very powerful and a "Scoundrel/Guardian is an excellent combination of high Base Attack Bonus (from the Guardian's high BAB), Defense (from Improved Scoundrel's Luck), VPs (from the Guardian's natural high VP progression), and bonus damage (from Sneak Attack). Basically, when the opportunity presents itself, you can do incredibly amounts of burst damage with Sneak Attack and when facing the tough battles in the game, you can easily tank any boss in the game." This is what makes Kyle Katarn awesome. Remember these builds are not builds to be used to dominate the game, they are builds to represent the characters in a logical way if they were KOTOR characters. Also, sorry I have not posted one in awhile, I have been busy & I just started some KOTOR 2 builds, because the game is currently popular now as 2.5k people are playing it on steam. So, I will be doing builds for both games. Enjoy.

Kyle_Katarn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived