Home

[SPOILERS] Cutscene crash at first Malak confrontation

Unseen3927

Hello fellow KotOR players. I'm afraid I have encountered a game breaking issue that I cannot find a fix for, no matter how hard I look for one. :/

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Everything went absolutely fine until I got to the bit where you bump into Malak on the way to the hangar on the Leviathan and discover your true identity. When the cutscene where Bastila starts talking begins playing, it lags really bad (plays a second of it, freezes for about 5-10 seconds, plays another second and so on), then crashes at a certain point. I figured the problem is with the non-video cutscene that follows where Revan takes off his mask, rather than the scene before it. Maybe the 3D environment surrounding Revan is too much for my laptop to load. I'm not sure though.

I'm really desperate to find a solution. This is literally the most frustrating issue I've ever come across regarding this game, since that scene is the best part of the entire game storyline in my opinion (and it just got ruined like that by this ******* stupid crash :mad: ). Please, will you help a desperate fellow? Here, I'll give you 500 credits in return, it's all I have! (JK)

I can't tell much about my system specs, since I'm no administrator and can't even run that configuration file in the game directory. I can tell you that my laptop runs Windows 7 though and that I took all kinds of measures to make the game compatible.

Also, it's KotOR 1 (obviously), the CD-ROM version.

I've already tried running that part of the game on the lowest graphics settings and windowed mode, I tried single core, multi core... everything I could think of.

I turned hardware mouse off, grass off (not that it would help); disabled vertex buffer objects, frame buffer effects, etc etc etc. I figured disabling movies would not help because the scene causing the problem is not a video file, but as I said, that is just my mere speculation.

Thank you sooooooooo much in advance if you help me out. (500 credits was it? ;) )

Archived