Home

Miwiki.net?

lecuckdemon

This site has been down for some time now. I know that the series of Monkey Island has not been active in years, but this site really did a great job in having information about the series readily available. Does anyone know why the site has been down and if there is any way to reactivate it?

Edit; I'm actually noticing that quite a few sites powered by this house of mojo (I know that it would difficult to take anyone seriously after that sentence...but please bear with me) are down. While I know that some of these sites are far from the most popular on the web, they still have a lot of fans. If something could be done to get these sites back up and running, I would be very interested to know what that would require.

I thought it was because on the home page, under 'Hosted Sites', it's the first one under 'Adventure'.

Either way, it looks like LFN as a whole is down as it appears that the domain has expired due to never getting updated. I contacted the admin of the domain, but I doubt I'll get an answer. Unfortunate, because I know a lot of work went into the wiki, along with many others under LFN.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the webmaster of miwiki.net.

I just checked the Mojo forum, sorry for not replying earlier,

The domain is not expired, just doesn't lead anywhere right now.

I, like a lot of other people, are waiting for Mojo to brig back the hosted sites and I have received no information from them.

Miwiki.net wasn't a part of Mojo's hosted sites so it's entirely up to whoever runs the site or LFN to resurrect it.

What? It was hosted by Mojo, so why isn't it part of Mojo's hosted sites? Does this mean you don't have a backup of it? And you knew it was me who ran the site, I have often contacted you when there problems with the hosting.

What? It was hosted by Mojo, so why isn't it part of Mojo's hosted sites? Does this mean you don't have a backup of it? And you knew it was me who ran the site, I have often contacted you when there problems with the hosting.

It was hosted by LFN, not Mojo. For all intents and purposes, Mojo only hosted our sub-domains -- we don't have access to miwiki.net, worldofmi.com, etc., as they weren't located under our account.

I assume you have access to the domain through your registrar; if you can get a hold of your files, we can certainly look at hosting it, but for now, we have no control over it.

(Zaarin -- feel free to correct anything I just said. :~)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply MrManager and sorry for not replying earlier. I've been in the hospital a few days (Nothing serious).

I own the domains and have the files, but I have been waiting to get a more recent backup of the miwiki database. I tried to access the miwiki as soon as I saw the tweet, but the account is disabled. As soon as I get my hands on the database I will consider hosting somewhere else :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived