Home

Star Wars: To Begin Again

((This is a redo of a story I posted a very long time ago. I hope it's enjoyed :)))

My name is Asajj Ventress and I have done terrible things. I have killed countless people, fought against the Galactic Republic and later on, the Galactic Empire. I have killed jedi, clone troopers, men, women and children.

But I am trying to be better. I am trying to change what I am, to what I should aspire to be. I once trained to be a Jedi on my home-world under the tutelage of Ky Narec but when he was murdered I fell to the Dark Side.

But I am trying to be better.

It's taken me a long time to let go of my anger but right now I need to seek the one who I once swore to kill, to show him that I was able to change. It's been a long time since I've seen him but I hope that once I speak with him I can put the last of my personal demons behind me. It took me a long time to find him. I had to follow my instincts and trust in the force. I had to think as he thinks.

But I have finally found the current home of my old nemesis, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I managed to find transport with a group of Jawas to his home. They don't know who he is, they don't care. But they did appreciate the credits I gave them in exchange for the ride and they don't ask questions. My kind of people to be honest.

I still wonder what I should say when I see him. As far as I know, he doesn't know that I'm still alive. He believes I died on Boz Pity. And to be fair, I feel like a part of me did die there. I once followed Count Dooku without question, but he left me to die on Boz Pity, he gave the order to have me shot. I owe him nothing. But Obi-Wan...even as I lay dying on the ground, still consumed with hatred he still tried to save me. I tried to kill him one last time only to have Skywalker try to finish the job County Dooku started.

He was right about me. I realized. There was a part of me that Dooku hadn't corrupted. He arranged for me to be brought to Coruscant and be given a proper funeral. What he didn't know was that I knew how to enter a Sith healing trance.

I survived. I used the force to have the pilots of the transport I was on drop me off in the Outer Rim, so I could have time to think about my choices. I made them forget all about me, after all, I didn't want any questions asked nor did I want Dooku to hear of my survival and send his forces after me.

It's been years now. And I finally feel at peace. It's been a rough road to finding my own inner peace but I've finally done it. And I owe my thanks to one man.

I intend to find Obi-Wan. And say what I should have said a very long time.

Intro is done. Next chapter will be started in a few days.

• 1 month later...

((This is set in the Legends universe of the star wars saga. I saw what Disney did with this wonderful character. I was not impressed.))

Asajj Ventress looked over at the small hut that now served as the home of Obi-Wan Kenobi and watched as the Jawa Sand crawler began it's long journey across the sands of Tatooine. She took a deep breath as she began a slow walk towards the hut and her hand trembled slightly as she summoned the courage to knock on the door.

No answer.

Ventress's eyes narrowed for a moment. Was it possible that she was falling into some sort of trap? Was it possible that she had somehow missed Kenobi? Had someone somehow found out who she was? She had no doubt that there was a bounty on her after her continued acts of defiance against Palpatine's Empire as she had fought with the rebellion. She had taken down Inquisitors, Stormtroopers, even Imperial moffs. But if that was the case, how had they known that she was heading to Tatooine?

She softly reached through the force to try and sense any possible traps and she immediately felt the familiar presence that she had often fought against in the clone wars behind the small hut.

Did he sense me?

A faint ripple of shock and sudden cautious fear answered her question a moment later as she heard the sound of something metallic shattering. She raised her hands above her head a moment later to show that she had no hostile intentions as she saw the tall, bearded form of Obi-Wan Kenobi approach from the back of the house.

Ventress couldn't help but notice that it appeared as if life on Tatooine had been kind to him which was odd for such a desolate planet. He had the same face as the last time she had seen him with a few strands of white in his beard.

The two former enemies stood still among the Tatooine desert as they stared at one another. Ventress couldn't help but be slightly amused by the fact that she could feel Kenobi's confusion and his shock at seeing her alive.

"It's good to see you again...Obi-wan." She said quietly as she lowered her hands after a moment with a small smirk on her face. "I can't help but sense how surprised you seem to be to see me alive."

A small smile appeared on Obi-Wan's face. "Surprise doesn't begin to describe it. I had my doubts for awhile that you were dead once the Bright Hope went missing...but you never resurfaced. I assumed that the transport was destroyed. To be fair, I thought you were dead. How did you survive?"

"I entered a Sith healing trance. When I woke up the transport was in hyperspace. I didn't kill anyone, I simply used the force to "persuade" the pilots to drop me off in the Outer Rim."

Obi-Wan shook his head for a moment. "A sith healing trance...I should have guessed you had one last trick up your sleeve." His eyes locked with her eyes for a moment. "What brings you to Tatooine? It can't be to just visit me, can it?"

Ventress took a deep breath.

"It took me a long time to find you. I no longer follow the dark side. Not anymore nor ever again. I've left the life behind me. I simply wished to show you that you were right: That there was a part of me that Dooku hadn't corrupted. To see you again without feeling anger or hatred...I feel it will help me finally put my past behind me."

Obi-Wan was quiet for a moment. "I sense your sincerity. And if showing me this brings you peace then who am I to take that away from you? Before you go however, why not come in for a cup to Stim-tea? Night is approaching and I can speak from experience that you don't wish to travel the desert at night. It's when the predators come out. The rather large ones."

He held open the door to his hut and smiled. "Come in. I feel that we have much to talk about."

Archived