Home

The Journey Down: Chapter Three

skygoblin

Hey guys!

Remember The Journey Down? The afro-noir adventure game hailed for so successfully ripping off Grim Fandango? Well, the third and final chapter is in the making and coming along beautifully! We'll be launching a kickstarter in october to help wrap up funding for the last leg of development and I figured I'd be a complete dolt if I didn't make a thread about that here. So, from now on, expect project updates right here!

As you can probably tell, the setting has shifted somewhat. It's no longer film noir, but rather an eighties/nineties action move type mood. And we're LOVING working with it. :hearteyes:

If anyone's curious, here's a new interview I did at gamescom about our current state:

(youtube)

The TJD3 soundtrack is being produced by Jamie Salisburry, the insanely talented guy who took over after my good friend Simon passed. The soundtrack too, features a substantially different mood than the previous games, but don't worry, there will be saxophone. There will always be saxophone in TJD!

And here's a sneak peek at some of the new and old characters featured in TJD3:

radda.jpg

Expect more shiny pics as we progress in working with our kickstarter campaign materal! And please don't be shy with your feedback.

Thanks for taking your time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sanguinehearts: Thanks, dude! :D

We've been spending the past few weeks working on the pitch video, and in doing so, I've been working on a new street scene from TJD3 that will feature briefly in the video. Here's a dirty work in progress shot from the Lightwave viewport. :D

downtownwip.png

Thanks zoom rabbit! Glad you like it! I hope this update is to your liking as well! It's not ready but certainly getting there. Just wait until you get to see this animated! (It will be in the kickstarter pitch video!) Click for larger version! (And do let me know if it's too dark, or something. difficult knowing, I've only seen it on my own monitor!) Thanks.

downtownwip2.png

The kickstarter will launch on October 1st and we're currently trying to get people to spread the word via thunderclap. If you wanna donate a tweet or fb share there, I'd be incredibly grateful. It's really painless and there's no signup required.

Seeing we have virtually no money for getting exposure we're really dependent on friends and fans to help us reach out with the campaign, thunderclap is great for that!

Huge thanks for checking this out, you're awesome!

t

partytime.gif

We've made our first kickstarter update, please check it out!

The game is going strong at 67% funded, with 25 days to go. I'm starting to feel pretty confindent that we might actually be able to pull this off! Hence the dance. :)

Anything you can do to help spread the word is immensely appreciated. If you're already a backer (I love you!) please take a moment to visit the comments section and drop by and say hi.

Thanks!

Hey all!

glee_twitter.gif

German localization confirmed!

As part of a promo for our The Journey Down kickstarter, we're hosting another quiz where you can win steam keys for some pretty neat games.

Basically it's about guessing where certain pictures are from, here's an example (mirrored to make it trickier):

pixels.png

If you think you've got what it takes, why not give it a shot!

The five first people to get all the answers right will get steam keys for The Samaritan Paradox as well as Steamworld Dig. (The latter one admittedly not being a point and click adventure, but a good game nonetheless!)

• 2 weeks later...

We made it! Funded at 136%! :D

We've been running our independent studio SkyGoblin for ten years now. We decided to share some of our stories (with all of its glorious ups and painful downs) in a short mini-documentary. I hope you'll find it interesting! If you take a look. please drop me a line and say what you think! :D

Thank You!

Archived