Home

Looking for Skinners

harIII

Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I've been doing some heavy modding of late with much more to come. With that being said, I need some help from a skinner or two. I forgot how much I suck as texturing and have some work that I could use someone more talented than myself. I am need help with NPCs, heads, and areas. If anyone is interested, just let me know and we will get started.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I've been doing some heavy modding of late with much more to come. With that being said, I need some help from a skinner or two. I forgot how much I suck as texturing and have some work that I could use someone more talented than myself. I am need help with NPCs, heads, and areas. If anyone is interested, just let me know and we will get started.

Can you tell us more about your projects?

What kind of mod do you want to do? A new planet, an addon for an existing planet etc?

Is it for Kotor 1?

Let me rephrase that statement of mine. We are currently planning on 11 separate ships / planets which means that these locations will have multiple areas within them. For example, Act 1 which is the SOTE equivalent of KOTOR's Endar Spire - Dantooine and TSL's Ebon Hawk - Telos, we are planning on five separate locations that are utilizing twenty different modules or areas.

Some of these areas will be preexisting areas within TSL while some will be new models. I already have three new areas working in the game for C... oh wait spoilers, right... I have a fourth one on the way and the last planet will be completely new. Note that I am experimenting with something different where I am taking preexisting models within an area, for example the apartments on the Citadel Station, actually arranging them how I want and created a new module that has a very similar feel to the apartment complex on Taris. I now have a "plus" shaped room (think the American Red Cross) with three rooms on each end of the "plus" as well as an exit.

Myself and another fellow modder here who has been of great help, Darth Tyren, have been working on making Quanon's modules functional in TSL; I am planning on using several of them.

To be honest, I am letting whoever wants to texture for this project off the leash. My plan is to say hey make this guy look like a bad ass or make this area feel like rivers and chocolate and puppies running everywhere. I am trying to maximize the skinner's creative side to be what ever they want so that they don't feel constricted or held back. So if you want traditional, then traditional it is; if you want to do something radical then so be it.

To be honest, I am letting whoever wants to texture for this project off the leash. My plan is to say hey make this guy look like a bad ass or make this area feel like rivers and chocolate and puppies running everywhere. I am trying to maximize the skinner's creative side to be what ever they want so that they don't feel constricted or held back. So if you want traditional, then traditional it is; if you want to do something radical then so be it.

That is a good way to do your project... Many times you skin to please everyone but this cannot be done...

Archived