Home

OJP For Linux?

Bomnus

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to have a successful OJP 1.2 (or the apparently discontinued OJP 1.3/JKE) for Linux servers/server-side and potentially a matching build for client-side?

I've been at this issue for roughly a week now and it's been driving me insane. Pretty much tried compiling it myself too, both native- and cross-compilation, but both seems to compile a broken jampgamei386.so.

In most cases, the server logs either whine that the .so could not be opened; "could not open such a file or directory", and if that doesn't seem to be the case, it turns out that an #elif entry in q_shared.h doesn't seem to be assigned to anything.

Whatever I try, I always stumble upon something that prevents me from compiling a fully working .so.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me in this matter. I'm currently in the starting phases of running a role-play community and this mod is beyond essential for it; there are truly no real alternatives. :(

Looking forward to any replies!

In the meantime I managed to fix the server-side code and it is running the code properly now.

The client-side I pretty much got working as well, including the character menu (force powers, etc.). However, it still says "medium style", "strong style" and "fast style" for the respective styles. The rest of the styles seem to be named properly.

The biggest and only issue I managed to find thus far is the fact that 1st person works perfectly, but 3rd person has a static camera (that of a spectator). Upon spawning, it remains as if you're spectator, but you can see your character from afar. The character moves as intended, so that's not an issue. Same goes for crosshair; seems too work too.

A second but smaller issue is the graphics of the panels for both health and mishap, etc. No errors in console.

Any idea what could cause these three issues?

Edit

It seems I've fixed the issue, with some advice from Raz0r. It seems that building the solution as Debug (Final) instead of Release has fixed the issue with the camera.

Never mind the aforementioned issue with the graphics for the panels; it never was intended to be otherwise. Therefore, no issue. :)

Did some testing and everything seems to work in terms of technicalities.

The only thing I did spot just now was that with dual sabers, the main hand's saber doesn't seem to be ignited whilst the off-hand saber is, using the Ataru style. Not sure why it's happening as of yet. Hopefully I'll discover soon.

So yeah, spare the last note, everything is functional and it runs on my Linux server perfectly now! I'm so happy! :D

Archived