Home

Battlefront Beta

Canderis

Is this a free beta? I've preordered the game myself, but I may be tempted to give a beta a whirl anyways. I actually just got my machine up and running with a wireless network adapter two days ago.

I know for a fact that they've cut the single player campaign, but that doesn't mean we won't see the return of the Instant Action mode. Sorry if that doesn't tell you anything.

*Update*: Just got back from GameStop, and the guy at the counter said the beta is awesome, although I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet. He also mentioned that there is some single player content, although he said the multiplayer is the strong point.

I've been playing quite a bit. The escape pod capture mode is pretty good... but the Hoth mode exposes a lot of things about the game that need a lot of balancing.

Also, don't forget that there are two camera perspectives to choose from, first person and third person. Third person makes the game so much easier to manage and less jarring when you aim. First person with ADS in this game is jarring.

Be warned though. For Hoth, you're going to get sniped by people using conventional blasters 300 meters away constantly. You're also going to die at the spawn points regularly. Also, you better know what you're doing when you're on the Rebel side on Hoth because you have a lot more to do than the Imperials in terms of securing objectives and taking down walkers.

Archived