Home

Screwing with KotOR II

Carwil

So, while playing KotOR II: TSL this evening, I decided to enable cheats and try spawning a few items, as I hadn't really messed around with the console in a while. But, as I scrolled through the swkotor2 configuration settings, I noticed a line reading CurSithLord=2. Naturally, I inferred that the line referred to the display of the Sith Lord on the main menu, which any fan worth his weight in bantha fodder knows changes as you progress through the game. Currently, I was on Nihilus. I changed the line to CurSithLord=1, just to see what would happen.

Sure enough, now the menu appears to display a female/DS Revan, as best I can tell, which is consistent with the backstory I input for Revan during the conversation with Atton on Peragus.

I was curious as to whether this can occur as a part of normal gameplay or if it was something cut by Obsidian. I had heard years ago that supposedly the player character would appear on the main menu upon beating the game on the dark side on console versions, but never Revan. I'm enclosing a picture.

image.jpg

Naturally, I inferred that the line referred to the display of the Sith Lord on the main menu, which any fan worth his weight in bantha fodder knows changes as you progress through the game.

...I genuinely never realized this. But I was very young upon playing these games, so please can I be worth my weight in bantha fodder? :lol:

...I genuinely never realized this. But I was very young upon playing these games, so please can I be worth my weight in bantha fodder? :lol:

At least in bantha fodder. For sticking with KotOR for this many years, you're probably worth your weight in glitterstim or something. ;)

Archived