Home

Canceled Star Wars Darth Maul Game Could Get a Second Chance

Darth CMoney

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3q2mpm/hi_im_dan_borth_of_red_fly_studio_the_creators_of/

Now though, with Star Wars: Battlefront on the cusp of release, Red Fly is looking to resurrect the game, with plans to pitch it to current Star Wars games license holder EA.

In an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit, Red Fly's Dan Borth said "We are currently working on a full next gen demo of all things Maul to show to the powers that be. It's been a lot of work on our off time."

"We have been burning a candle for this game since it was killed in hopes we can get it turned back on again," Borth added. "IF that is to happen we need to approach EA with a demo that will impress them. I think we have that or are close to it. Still, it is completely not up to us."

I really hope this game gets produced, but who knows what will happen.

"Post #WeWantMaul on EA and Disney's twitter and social media outlets - let them hear you!

With your support we can get the attention this needs to become a reality!"

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

#WeWantMaul

I mean honestly, any Star Wars game will be fun to me. I just really want them to release more Star Wars games :(

This is great news. The new Battlefront game looks rip, so hopefully that attests to the fact that EA is still capable of making a sick game when Disney isn't crawling up their ion engines. Are you guys actually getting behind the social networking thing?

@Farst I hear you, man. I was a fan of Maul as a kiddo, when he was the enigmatic, horrific Sith assassin who came flying in out of the blue to get the drop on Qui-Gon in the Dune Sea, but I feel that he's been horribly abused in the EU to the point that I was almost ready to just see him killed off and his character put out of his misery. But, I share your sentiments regarding an open world RPG title.

By the way, nice to see you drop in again, CMoney. It's been a while.

I mean honestly, any Star Wars game will be fun to me. I just really want them to release more Star Wars games :(

As long as they're better and more original than Star Wars: Battlefield, I'm sure they'd be great. They could make ANYTHING really. I hope they don't waste the license.

I'm just worried that they'll steal this story and change it to fit the stupid new Disney canon instead of it being Legends like it was supposed to be. Same with 1313.

Hopefully, enough of Darth Maul's backstory is grounded in existing EU lore that they'll have nothing to write off of unless they set it in the Legends canon. I mean, it's Darth Maul, so they obviously have to include characters such as Darth Sidious, possibly Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon if the plot's going to overlap with TPM, etc. Might even see Dooku/Tyranus make an appearance, since we know he was already doing Palpatine's dirt work at least several years prior to TPM.

I rather hope that it turns out to be a successor to The Force Unleashed, only better.

Archived