Home

Starting a custom LAN server

Ubershank

Greetings, It's been years since I played OJP. I am planning on setting up a large scale LAN game using OJP however, I've run into some issues that I can't seem to sort out since there is very little documentation online regarding the mod.

The version of JKA I own is STEAM, I downloaded OJP via Desura which works fine but the main problem I've noticed is the interface is bugged when running through Steam. Certain text is missing which makes it difficult to setup the server, even worse when playing since you can't see all the skills you can buy when in the match.

I've tried several methods to try to sort out the issue such as running MP then loading OJP mod which just makes the game crash when trying to load the LISTEN server.

I have not seen anyone else with this issue before after searching online so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks.

Fixed!

I figured out the issue for now, I'm leaving this post up here for anyone else who runs across the same problem of interface bugs and crashing when trying to launch a listen server of the mod via Steam.

http://www.jactf.com/mods

This site contains a load of fixes updates and mods for JA, make sure you scroll to the bottom and download jamp.zip. Once downloaded, back-up the original jamp.exe file in the game's directory and extract the new file and replace. If all goes well it should load up the game proper with no weird bugs or crashes (hopefully) when opening the game from steam with mods enabled.

Archived